To Mom:
The low down: The 18 year old girl, Belem was baptized two Sundays ago by my companion, and she was confirmed this past Sunday. She was supposed to be confirmed the day she was baptized but we had a problem with our Branch President. He was on a power or authority trip and he didn't know the rules or whatever for when she could be confirmed and wouldn't allow her to be confirmed on the day she was baptized. But one of the counselors of the Chihuahua Mission kinda layed it down on him when found that out. But everything is good! We have another baptism this Saturday. His name is hno. santos. he is so legit and is truly an "escojido". chosen. He reads the Book of Mormon everyday, studies Principles of the Gospel (the manual) (is the Spanish kicking in or what...I think it's the same manual we use "Gospel Principles"!) and comes to all church meetings and went to all of Conference. He is awesome and is so ready. The lady that he has been with for 6 years didn't want to get married cause she has had a bunch of bad marriages so he moved out without us really pushing him to. He sleeps in his tiny little welding shop and we teach him there sometimes. It's kinda a sad story but at the same time it is awesome to see how strong he is. I really pray that the lady will come around eventually, we are working with her too! But yeah things are going great here! We're teaching alot about Lehi's dream, and the Doctrine of Christ! I'm really enjoying studying them and teaching them!
To Dad:
I tried to give mom some more information this week! Hopefully it was good enough! We teach about 50 lessons a week so it's forcing my Spanish to improve and my Spanish has been progressing pretty good this last two weeks. I feel alot more comfortable to just openly talk throughout the lesson now. It"s been a long process but I' working a little bit at a time and I'm feeling it working now! My Christmas call is gonna have to be the test so I'm working for that too! I'm really excited to talk to you and Josh in Spanish! idk how your Spanish is now but I don't remember you using it too often so might wanna brush up so I don't confuse ya too much! hahahah jk dad!
I do have a really good story to tell of a prompting of the Spirit. On Saturday we stopped by a house to invite a lady that we taught the first lesson to to church on Sunday. But when we stopped by she was not there. Her daughter was and so we told her we would leave a note with her to give to her mom. So we proceeded to do so. Her nephew who lives with her and was at the house when we taught the lesson, but didn't really participate in the lesson was there too. So not really thinking too much about it we told him that he could come to church with his mom (?) tomorrow too if he wanted. So we left the house and started off to the the next appointment that we had. We walked for maybe a minute when I felt that we needed to change our plans and go with another person and teach them. This caused us to walk past the house that we had just invited this young man to come to church with us. When we walked past he was still outside and he stopped us and said "Will you come by my house tomorrow before Church because I would like to go with you." It was awesome and me and my companion were so surprised! We told him we would swing by and went to the man's house that I thought we should and he wasn't even home. It was an awesome experience. The next morning we went and knocked on the tin that they had used to attempt to make a door of their very very very humble barely livable home and there he was in his Sunday best ready to go to Church with us. He really enjoyed church and is gonna come back next week! Welp I gotta go now cause my hour is almost up! Thanks for everything love you dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment