To Mom:
Hola! The baptism that we had this week went awesome and he was confirmed Sunday it was a really good experience! Now I'm just hoping that we can work with his Señora so that they can get married and he can move back into his house instead of sleeping in his taller (name for place of work kinda like a shop) on a slab of metal on top of buckets. It's really sad, but at the same time it is amazing to see someone with such little time with the church with such a strong testimony and a desire to follow Jesus Christ!
The joven (young adult) that we invited to church last week came again yesterday and we invited him to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it, and we invited him to be baptized after he receives his answer, so we will have to see how that goes! But no his Aunt didn't come either of the weeks, she is really into some other religion se llama apostolica o algo asi. pero no se, quando oramos elle ponio un como veil sobre su cabeza. esta muy extraño! (apostolic or something like that, but idk its wierd cause when we pray she puts like this veil over her head, but that was only once so we gotta explain prayer to her next visit.
This week I ate something interesting, octopus, it was in this soup with who knows what other creepy crawlers as well. It was weird but I ate it cause I didn't wanna be rude, and I don't think I hate chicken anymore just because I know how bad octopus is. I'm on exchanges right now for the next four days and I'm in the area of the other chapel. I actually live like two streets across from the church for the next four days cause my comp is the District Leader now so he went to Chihuahua for another capacitacion! I'm with Elder Enrikes! It should be fun! Well not much else I can think of. THANKS FOR ALL THE LETTERS, LOVE AND SUPPORT! Love Elder Jake Hatch
To Dad:
I forgot to tell mom but I should get my package this friday when my companion comes back from Chihuahua cause I asked him to bring it back for me if he can so hopefully i will get it this week! we had a baptism this last Saturday and it was awesome! We have the young man (joven) that is a new investigator. I'll have to tell you a good story next week cause I'm running low on time! The octopus will have to do until next week! Thanks for eveything that you do Dad! and for the love and support and letters! Love you! Elder Jake Hatch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment