Monday, November 15, 2010

November 1, 2010

To Mom:

We couldn't have our baptism this week because the person (Manuel) had to go to some court and testify cause some guy that he has worked with killed like 3 people. Man Mexico is crazy! But he is really determined so we are going to have his baptism this next Sunday! It will be good!

So I found out that Colten (Jake's friend) is still in Utah (temporarily reassigned to a mission in Ogden) but he thinks he is getting his visa soon so keep him in your prayers as well! He said it's really hard to learn Spanish cause his companion doesn't speak Spanish to him and they are surrounded by English! So i don't feel like I can complain that my Spanish is coming a little slow! But it has been so much better this last two weeks, I'm finally understanding people, I can pretty much understand everything now, I still just have a little bit of a hard time expressing myself.

Hmmm I don't think that I ate anything weird this week except these quesadillas that were pretty bad with warm milk. And I think it was like goat milk cause it wasn't normal.
On "Dia de Muertos" I had quite a few interesting conversations with some borrachos, and borrachas. They don't really do anything here for holidays except drink it's really sad. Plus the rocks getting thrown at us (on Halloween). p.s. we didn't get hit so don't worry. But one of the other Elders in our district got hit in the face with an egg and he was pretty mad about that!

The jovencita that we baptized, hna Belem, her Mom has come to church for the past three weeks so were gonna work with her really hard this week and hopefully set a baptismal date! I'm excited for that! k mas? hmm well I gotta contestar mas correos pero te ama mom! gracias por todo que hice para mi!

Note: I have to edit E. Hatch's emails for spelling, punctuation etc. I try to overlook the grammar because I want it to read like he wrote it....I have no idea how to edit the Spanish! It's getting a little harder to edit....I think the Spanish is really kicking in!!! :)

No comments: