Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Monday, April 25, 2011

Hey mom and family,
This keyboard is kinda broken so this letter might have really bad grammar.

Yeah it (Easter) is a pretty intense religious holiday here, about half of the stores are all closed. I haven't heard much more about how or when we are going to call on mothers day. But it will all work out don't worry. I'm really excited to talk to you all as well.

That's good that you all got to hear Uncle Rusty, I was bummed that he spoke in the MTC like the week before I got there. Sounds like everything is going good at home. I hope you have a good time in Cali too.

Things have been going a little better here, it's been hard now that everyone is on vacation here for two weeks but this week we have planned some activities to find some new people. We were starting to fall into a routine that wasn't working so we're trying some new things. This week we're going to have a Seventy here to talk to all of us, I'm really excited for that. Hopefully he will be able to teach us something that will also be able to help us pass the obstacles that we have right now.

We have also been doing alot of service to try and get the members to help us a little bit more and it seems to be working, we have been able to reactivate like 4 families and a few other people the last few weeks. I read a scripture this week that really helped me understand what we were going through. It's in Alma 26. I realized that maybe what the Lord wants us to do at this time is work on helping and supporting the ward so that they can also help us in the missionary work. And that maybe right now we don't see fruits of our labor but really they are many and later we will be able to take account of what we were able to do.

I have a really good feeling about this week and I'm anxious to see how our activity with some of the members goes. We're going to contact in a swap meet kinda thing that is in our area so I'm hoping it goes well. Well I gotta go now. Love you all and miss you all alot.

Love Elder Jake Hatch

No comments: