Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Monday, May 2, 2011

Hey mom and family!

Everything is going really good here! This week went a little better! We have been struggling a little bit with investigators for a while but this week went a little better! We had four investigators at church yesterday!! Our recent convert, Manual, brought his wife Marta, and his daughter Valeria to church with him. It was awesome to see them walk into church cause his wife is ¨catholic¨ but doesn't really go to church. But, she came and stayed for all 3 hours and liked it a lot! Her daughter 9 years old, went to primary and made friends with some of the other little girls in the ward and really liked it too! Hopefully we can get them on the road to baptism! :) We have taught them a little but before they haven't seemed really open to it, but I've been able to see the lord working in their home and softening their hearts!

We also had two boys that are 11 and 10 and are brothers. Their family is inactive for a long time but we passed by on Saturday and told them that we would pass by for them on Sunday before church, so we went like an hour before church and they were ready to go! We have been teaching them and they have really been liking the Book of Mormon! I can definitely feel the many blessings that the Lord has given us as we have kinda been struggling these last few weeks to find people, but as he promises, if we are obedient and we work with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength, He will do all the rest!

These last few weeks have helped me a lot to be able to develop more confidence in the Lord and his blessings and promises! On Sunday in priesthood the teacher asked everyone to answer the question...What is the best thing that you have done in your life? Everyone answered something and then it came to our recent convert Manuel. His humble answer brought the spirit so strong to the class as he replied, "Coming to the knowledge that through a simple prayer, God manifests himself to his children, tells them what is the truth, and that everything will be OK." It impacted me so much to see how much he has progressed and changed his life and now is being a grand influence in the life of his wife and daughter. He has been struggling with obtaining work these last couple weeks. We taught him 1 Nephi 16, the part when Nephi breaks his bow and everyone is angry with him, but he doesn't pay attention to them, he simple does his part and asks the Lord what he needs to do to obtain food for his family. We left the lesson feeling the spirit really strong and his attitude totally different. I feel like the past 4.5 months have gone by so fast with Elder Tiburcio, but I feel like I have gained so much and learned so much! and that's usually when it means there's transfers. ha, but it's all good! I will go and do the thing which the Lord has commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men, save He shall prepare a way for them, that they may accomplish the things which He commandeth them. 1 Nephi 3:7.

That's awesome that Colin has his release date! It seems like he left just the other day! Time has gone by so fast its crazy! I'll have to write him one of these weeks!

Also, could you thank Sister Bloomfield for the Valentine's Day package that she sent me with all of the letters from the ward members! I got it like last week. I did get the picture that you sent me of Reagan! It's darling, but the one Ashley sent me this week didn't work, try to send it again!

Well, I hope you all have a great week and all keep safe! Love you all and miss you tons! Can't wait to talk to you all on Sunday!!!

Love Elder Jake Hatch

No comments: