HEY FAMILY!
Sounds like everyone is doing great! Sounds like everyone is pretty busy still too! That’s all good though!
This week was really good! It was kinda slow because I was sick for like the whole week. I’m pretty sure it was something I ate. The whole week my stomach hurt pretty bad and I spent alot of time in el baño. ha. I still don’t feel so great so we´ll have to see what I can do. When I would eat, it was almost like I had to force my body to accept food. Like my body wouldn’t let me swallow food, and then after I would swallow it, it made me wanna throw up I never threw up, sometimes I almost would be I just fought it. It’s been kinda hard because I just feel super tired and without energy. I’m gonna buy a bunch of Gatorade so that I’ll have that to drink if I’m sick still. Other than that it was a really good week.
We found some new investigators this week, and we were able to find Isabel who is the lady we found that had a miscarriage a few months ago. She came to church this week which was our Stake Conference. It was really good for her to go. The ward she goes to is all really excited to be helping in the work. They always ask about her and what they can do to help her. We have one sister that visits her on the days that we don’t visit her so it’s all going along really well! We’re working with the other ward too but don’t seem super excited like the other ward but it will come with time. One of our ward mission leaders got his mission call this week to Costa Rica, and another member down here got his call to Salt Lake City, cool huh!
The Stake Conference was really good! President Angulo spoke along with a general authority, Elder Cabrrera. It was really good. I enjoyed it. They talked alot about the temple and how everyone needs to be preparing to be able to enter into the temple and be steady goers. (There is a temple in Juarez) One of the speakers totally put everyone in their place haha. It was kinda funny for me, but he said that he couldn’t understand how there are four stakes in Juarez and two in El Paso, and the morning sessions at the temple only had an average of 6 people in the sessions. But it kinda made me think of how lucky we are to have a temple so close and how important it is to go often!
I finished the Book of Mormon for the second time in the mission this week! It’s really good, I can feel my testimony grow so much. Every time that I read it I realize how important it is to have a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. It has helped me to be able to help my investigators to see the importance of reading it and praying about it to know that it is true, because the promise is so real! I hope you are all reading it! Especially Kelley! and share it don’t be afraid!
My companion is Elder Tinajero, he is real cool, we get along really well. He has 20 months in the mission so he doesn’t have too much longer, this could be his last area haha. He is really excited for all the work and everything that we do. He is teaching me alot! I’m teaching him more English. He knows quite a bit but he wants to learn alot more so I agreed to help!
Well that’s about it for this week that I can think of, I hope everyone has a great week! Love and miss you all so much!
Love Elder Jake Hatch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment