Hey family!!!
Well things are starting to look a lot brighter in our area now! It has been a little rough there for a while but this week we had a pretty good breakthrough! We had two investigators at church. We were very excited for that. The last two weeks we haven't had anybody come even if they say that they will and then they don't. One of our investigators (Danny) went to church, and the other one is Magdalena. Danny is a coworker and friend with a member. We have been teaching him for a couple of weeks now and it kind of started looking like he wasn't going to progress and we would have to "drop" him. But we had a really good lesson with him and then we were able to commit him to go to church and promise him blessings and he finally went! He really liked it and so we’re just hoping that he sees the blessings for keeping the Sabbath day and that he will keep the desire to go to church. Magdalena is a contact that Elder España and I made. We have been teaching her for a while now and she has gone to church two times now. This last week we started to teach more of her family as well; her daughter and two of her grandchildren. She really enjoys going to church because she gets along very well with the other sisters there so it's perfect.
Yesterday the bishop wasn't at church so my companion and I got to give talks... And sing a special number by ourselves. It was all good though. I gave my talk about a message that is in the Liahona from Elder Patrick Kearon. If you haven't read it yet, I invite everyone who reads this to do so, it's an awesome message. It talks about the people who were given the invitation to go/come unto the Savior when he was born. Then it talks about what they did so that they could have that privilege and that they all accepted the invitation. Then he applies each one of the stories to us. It's a really good message. And my companion talked about the life and mission of Jesus Christ. Then we sang Silent Night (Noche de Luz). It went well but I was kind of nervous. The ward has actually been growing the last few weeks. Not a lot but a couple of members a week! We reactivated an entire family which is awesome. They moved here from Colorado and have been here for like a month and hadn't been going to church for a while but they came yesterday too. Another family that lives in our area was going to a different ward for like three years but is now coming to our ward again which is really good! We also reactivated a sister that had been going to other churches for like a year and a half. But she is really cool; she just had a hard time after her daughter died about two years ago and kind of lost sight of things. Things are going really good here, I feel like me and my companion are getting everything handled and under control now, I'm still the guide and I think without me he would get pretty lost but I don't so it's all good. This week were hoping to find some new investigators and be able to have more of them come to church.
No I didn’t feel the earthquake I didn’t even hear about it. Plus México City is super far away from here.
Say "Hi" to Tyler for me! (Tyler Ray, a friend & in our ward, just returned from his mission)
Well I miss you all and love you all tons! Don’t forget to write! We will be talking soon and need conversation starters! Have a great week everyone!
Love Elder Jake Hatch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment