Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Monday, December 19, 2011

Hey family!!!

Merry Christmas!!! (Early but for me it's the whole month so...)

This week went really good for us again! We had some good times this week! We had the ward Christmas party this week on Saturday. We were helping a lot to set up and to invite people. There was a really good turnout. They ate posole ( it's like chicken soup thing but it's like spicy and it's thick, rice and beans and champurrado ( it's a traditional drink that is kind of like hot chocolate but also has flour, cinnamon, and something else in it that I don't remember). It's a little different but it's pretty good. They also had piñatas; one for the kids and one for the adults. I was amazed that nobody got hit in the face with the bat because the parents wouldn't restrain their children when the piñata would break and so they would all run to it, meanwhile an over aggressive child is swinging a wooden bat. There were quite a few scares in there. Me and my companion were in charge of hanging the piñata and lifting it and stuff so that was pretty fun.

This week was really good. A little slow but good. I have a little bit of a cold and don't want to get sicker so I've been taking medicine. But we have been working hard all the same. This week we also had two investigators at church. It was Magdalena again and an investigator named Griselda. Griselda is the recent wife of a member and we have taught her a few times. She came to church yesterday and really liked it. I think it's her third time at church. We have had a hard time finding more new investigators because it's pretty cold and nobody wants to open their doors hah. But we do have the advantage of the Christmas season because more people have their hearts open and are willing to listen. And they wouldn't reject a message about Jesus Christ in these times of the year. So this week will be a very great week!!

So far I haven't heard anything about what were going to do as a mission for Christmas, but I don't think we're going to get together in big groups. And if we were going to do something for Christmas we probably already would have done it by now.

I haven't gotten my package yet because the guy that goes and gets them went to El Paso to have surgery so he is going to be there a couple more days. But I think he said by Tuesday or Wednesday he would be back.

Phone call: we’re thinking that we are going to call at like 4:00 on Sunday the 25. There is a sister here that has unlimited international calling on her phone plan so she offered it to us so I'll be calling you this time! I'm really excited! I can't wait to talk to all of you! Time is flying by I can't believe it! Only 6 more days!!!

Well I love you all and miss you all tons! Have a great week!!!

Elder Jake Hatch

No comments: