Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday, February 27, 2012

Hey family!
This week went really well! We had a really good activity on Thursday and we got  4 references from it.  It was a play and every organization in the ward helped with an act. It was about the Plan of Salvation. It went really well! This week we had a lot of success too! We found 13 new investigators! We also had a lot of lessons with members. We have been inviting some of the young men to come to lessons with us so that they can prepare for the mission.  My companion and I work really well together and the people here are a lot more receptive! I’m really loving it here in Cuauhtemoc!
Today is the last day of the cycle and some of the Elders in my district go home this week. Right now we don’t have a District Leader so we’re waiting to see what will happen with that. My companion that I had in Niños Heroes is here in Cuauhtemoc as well but in a different district. He said that Magdalena had another baptismal date for the third of March which I hope she can go through with! I need to send her a letter with the picture of when she gave me the tie.
We have some investigators right now that are really close to baptism. They couldn’t go to church this week so we have to reschedule their baptismal dates. They are really excited about it! I think they still are a little scared about it because they are really reserved and timid, but they are reading and praying a lot and they like to go to church. We are also going to do another service project for them this week. I’ll probably get really sore again!
I went to Sam’s Club with our mission leader today but they didn’t have any rolling duffel bags, they only had a 3 set of Samsonite suitcases so I’m going to have to look somewhere else.
That’s awesome that Dallin’s Dad was able to do that (work with Dallin & Kreston on the cabin)! It’s awesome to see how great of blessings families receive for having a missionary out in the field!
That’s fine that I didn’t get accepted to BYU. I am glad that I will get to stay home! I didn’t really want to only be home for like two months and then leave again, I’m very happy. If I want to go up there after all I’ll just take an ACT course and then retake the test and get a better score!
Thanks Dad for the pictures of the house it looks amazing! I really love the cabinets, and the fireplace looks awesome too! To be true (honest) I love how everything in the pictures looks! Great job!
Well I love you all so much and miss you all as well! Everyone have a great week!

Love Elder Jake Hatch

No comments: