Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday, March 12, 2012

Hey Family!
This week was really good! It got kinda cold this week but today its warm and I have really missed it! Hopefully the weather will be alot better from now on! Sounds like the weather there is pretty nice too! I really want to start using short sleeve shirts again! I’m super white and I need to get a nice tan! :)
No I didn’t get the video of Reagan last week...I think I got a picture but I don’t think I got the video.
Greece...that will be lots of fun! I’m excited for you guys! That will be one senior trip for Kelley! That’s fine if you’re not able to write me. haha Honestly its kinda hard for me to think of things to write now because it seems like every week is the same and I say the same things every week. But as long as someone writes me I’ll be happy hahah. Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah I had heard about Paislee and her helmet, Josh told me a while ago. They sent me pictures and videos.. Kim sent me a video of Nixon on his bike too.
Things here are going great! We had a good week! Lots of teaching and we did a service project as well. We helped a member put up two walls inside their house to make a room for the son. We still haven’t finished yet but were going to help them finish this week. We did it the American style with wood and drywall. haha Here they basically build everything with blocks and cement.
We had four investigators at church yesterday which was really awesome! A family of three that are supposed to be getting baptized soon, we had them planned for this Saturday but we are thinking that it’s too soon for them. We don’t get to visit them alot because the mom works until late and they live pretty far from our house so it’s hard to visit them.They really like going to church even though almost every week something comes up, but they make the sacrifice to go to church which is good! The other investigator is a girl's (in the ward) boyfriend. He has been kinda closed up about having us teach him but he is warming up little by little.
We're helping everyone get ready for General Conference right now because it’s coming up fast! We are trying to get alot of people to invite their friends and their neighbors so that there will be lots of investigators there. We have a goal of getting 30 people to General Conference, and the ward made a goal that the members have 130 people there. We’re working really hard to pass out invitations and some messages about the importance of the prophets and how to prepare for General Conference. We’re hoping that we will have lots of success. We also got lots of references last week so we have some people that we need to contact, so this week will be filled with alot of work as well!
Well I hope everyone is doing well! Have lots of fun on your trip!! Be safe! Have a great week everyone! Love you all and miss you all alot!
Love Elder Jake Hatch

No comments: