Hey Family!
Sounds like everything is going well at home, very good to
hear!
This week was a really good one. Things are going well, we
were able to change houses and now we are in one that is much better. It has
conditioning and is pretty big (more to clean but I don’t feel like I’m in a
cage). And there are windows so the house isn’t an oven like our last one.
Our investigators are alright, we need to find a lot of new
investigators this week but we have a good amount of investigators, the only
problem is that very few of them are progressing at this point. We had one
investigator at church yesterday and it was one of the new investigators that
we found this week. We are also going to have divisions this week with the zone
leaders, and I will be doing divisions with the other companionship in our
district on Friday. They have some baptisms coming up so I have to go and get
to know their investigators and see how their conversion process is going.
We are struggling with having investigators at church. We
had 10 people committed to go to church but like I said only 1 went. We went
with a family that we are teaching yesterday and talked with them about the
consequences of our decisions, because they decided to go to a party on
Saturday and were out late so they didn’t wake up on time to be able to go to
church. We talked about agency and how we can use it for good or for evil and
how there are always consequences for our decisions whether they be good or
bad. We tried to go with Manuel a lot this week but we weren’t able to because
every time that we go to his house he isn’t there because he is working a lot.
I’m learning a lot of patience with my companion, he is
still kinda difficult. He has a very strong character, and doesn’t like to be
wrong, and expresses himself in a very hostile manner, but I know there will be
opposition in all things and this is just a trial that will help me to grow and
to be a better missionary as long as I love him and try to serve him and help
him conquer his weaknesses. But as for everything else, it’s all good! We’re
hoping to commit a few investigators to baptism this week and I’m very excited
for that, as well as the divisions that we will have.
Welp, I had better get going now because I have to go the
houses of the other missionaries to check to see if they cleaned their houses
like they were supposed to haha. We cleaned our house for about 2.5 hours, and
it wasn’t even dirty, and it’s not really that big, just needed to be
organized.
Love you all very much and miss you all alot! Have a great
week everyone!
Love Elder Jake Hatch
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment