Hey Family!
Congrats again Kelley for graduation! Sounds like things
have been pretty busy there but I’m glad everyone is doing well!
This week went by really fast! It needs to slow down! We had
a really good week; we were super busy everyday and had lots of work. We found
10 new investigators this week, we also found a young man that is a member that
used to live in Utah with his mom but he came here to live with he’s (think
about it….) dad. So now we are teaching his dad and his grandma. I'm pretty amazed
at how much I actually remember here. Everything that has changed stands out.
We are teaching a family that is getting ready to be baptized, but the dad
works all but one Sunday of each month so it's hard for him to come to church.
But we committed him to talk to his boss and ask for more Sundays off. A lot of
the members remember me and some of them that I didn't interact with always say
that I look so familiar, then I tell them that I was in the ward for 8 months
and then they realize who I am. It's pretty funny.
We are in search of a different house right now. We don't
live in the same house as before due to an elder that had problems with the
owner, and the house we are in is terrible because it's tiny, doesn't have
windows, and is really humid. The lighting fails a lot due to a bad fuse box,
and just this week a tube from the apartment above us broke and it was leaking
through the ceiling. This week we had divisions with one of our zone leaders,
it went alright. This week I am going to be doing divisions with the other two
areas in our district. So this week is going to be really busy! I bought a
really cool shirt in Walmart the other day; I'll try to send a picture. I also
ate tripitas again with the family in the ward that sells them. Oh if you don't
remember what Tripitas are it's intestine and you put them in tacos. Haha I was
just wondering who would get the most grossed out by that. I think it would be
Becky. :).
It's a lot hotter here in Chihuahua than it is in
Cuauhtémoc. I've got a pretty awesome farmers tan going on!
Hope everyone has an awesome week! Love you all and miss you
all lots!
Love Elder Jake Hatch
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment