Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday, March 21, 2011

Hola Mom!

Pues a empezar qiero decirte que te amo y que te extraño mucho! haha Put it in google translator or have Dad interpret! For a start I tell you I love you and miss you very much!


This week went by really fast! Me and my companion have been working really hard this last couple of weeks! We have two people ready for baptism and with the baptismal dates for this Saturday. idk if I already told you about them. They are both really excited. One is named Daneal. He is nine and his parents are inactive and his grandma too. We activated his grandma and he goes to church with her and now he wants to get baptized. Since he is nine we have to teach him and we only have like 2 more things to teach him, but he is way cool and he is way excited for this Saturday. Manuel is the other person that is going to be baptized this Saturday, he has had struggles with the word of wisdom but we have helped him conquer them and he is working hard so he can get baptized even though he thinks its really fast.

The other day we had divisions and I went to the area of my district leader Elder Gonzalez. (Catch that Spanish grammar kicking in?!) We had an appointment with a family in the nighttime and he told me that they would probably offer us something to eat, just my luck they gave us the weirdest and worst thing that I have eaten in my mission so far...Cow stomach. It was the weirdest texture and was really chewy and hard to eat, and even harder to swallow. idk if it was a good thing or a bad thing that while I was eating it I didn't know what it was cause I didn't ask...then after we left I asked my companion what it was and he told me...one more story to add to the book(journal). (He wasn't complaining...we just always ask if he's eaten anything weird that week!)

This morning we went and hiked Cerro Grande. It's a mountain that is in the center of Chihuahua and is part of my area, we went with 3 priests two in our ward and one from Villa Juarez. It was way fun and I'll send pictures! We have had alot of new instructions on how we're going to contact and teach and some other stuff too and we have seen a big difference in the reaction of the people we teach, it's going really well!

Next Monday is transfers and I am thinking they are going to send my companion somewhere else and somebody will come to this area with me but I'm not sure. Who knows haha maybe I'll have transfers. But I'm not worried!

The weather has been a little hot but nothing like AZ. This morning was the perfect weather to hike the mountain. It was really cloudy with a light breeze! Well I hope everyone is doing great and loving life! Love you all and thanks for everything you all do for me! Miss you all as well!

p.s. I got my package last week with the shoe, some socks, and a bunch of candy! Thanks alot for the package!!! and it didn't get opened either! Hopefully, the other one gets here soon and doesn't get opened! I tried to send pictures but it didn't work, next week I'll try again!

Love Elder Jake Hatch

No comments: