Baptism March 26, 2011
Hey mom!
Sounds like things are busy for you as usual! That's exciting that Jordan and Monique are changing some stuff in their house! I haven't heard anything from them in a long time! You should tell Jordan to write me and to send me some pictures. He said he has lost alot of weight and bought a new truck when we talked on Christmas but he never sent me the pictures! That's exciting that Becky Hamblin and Brooke McFarland are both getting married! It also sounds like everyone is doing alot of vacationing, California, Utah, Hawaii, and when are you going back up to Utah with Dad to help Dayne and Kim?
I'm glad your lesson went well! I really have been impressed with the confidence that the members here in Mexico have in the Priesthood! It seems like every other day the members ask us to give blessings. It's really important to always be worthy of the Priesthood and of the Spirit!
Everything is going great here! We had the two baptisms on Saturday at 5:00. They went really well! Our mission leader is awesome! He is a returned missionary and he has been home like 5 months or something. He prepared everything so all we had to do was show up! On our way to the baptism we had planned to pass by Manuel´s house,(the investigator that's like 45) we got there a little late and he had already left haha so we started running to the church and soon enough we caught up to him and we walked together to the church! It was awesome he had his backpack all ready with his towel and change of clothes and was really excited. When we got to the church he was really surprised and said he was a little afraid but I sat down next to him and just talked to him and explained how everything was going to happen and it calmed him down! Then Daniel (the nine year old) showed up with his family, they both changed into their baptismal clothes and we took some pictures and then started the program, it all went really well! Daniel´s Uncle baptized him and my companion Elder Tiburcio baptized Manuel. Then Sunday I confirmed Daniel a member and my companion confirmed Manuel a member. It was a really good experience! I have seen the biggest change in Manuel. He dropped drinking and smoking almost cold turkey. He is awesome! p.s. I promised him that I would come back after my mission to go fishing with him, so I've gotta come back. ha. I'll try and put some pictures with this email but idk if it will work. Hopefully it will.
Answers to my questions:
We don't find out if we have transfers until tonight so I don't know if I will have transfers or my companion, or neither of us. I'll have to let you know next week.
Sounds like things are busy for you as usual! That's exciting that Jordan and Monique are changing some stuff in their house! I haven't heard anything from them in a long time! You should tell Jordan to write me and to send me some pictures. He said he has lost alot of weight and bought a new truck when we talked on Christmas but he never sent me the pictures! That's exciting that Becky Hamblin and Brooke McFarland are both getting married! It also sounds like everyone is doing alot of vacationing, California, Utah, Hawaii, and when are you going back up to Utah with Dad to help Dayne and Kim?
I'm glad your lesson went well! I really have been impressed with the confidence that the members here in Mexico have in the Priesthood! It seems like every other day the members ask us to give blessings. It's really important to always be worthy of the Priesthood and of the Spirit!
Everything is going great here! We had the two baptisms on Saturday at 5:00. They went really well! Our mission leader is awesome! He is a returned missionary and he has been home like 5 months or something. He prepared everything so all we had to do was show up! On our way to the baptism we had planned to pass by Manuel´s house,(the investigator that's like 45) we got there a little late and he had already left haha so we started running to the church and soon enough we caught up to him and we walked together to the church! It was awesome he had his backpack all ready with his towel and change of clothes and was really excited. When we got to the church he was really surprised and said he was a little afraid but I sat down next to him and just talked to him and explained how everything was going to happen and it calmed him down! Then Daniel (the nine year old) showed up with his family, they both changed into their baptismal clothes and we took some pictures and then started the program, it all went really well! Daniel´s Uncle baptized him and my companion Elder Tiburcio baptized Manuel. Then Sunday I confirmed Daniel a member and my companion confirmed Manuel a member. It was a really good experience! I have seen the biggest change in Manuel. He dropped drinking and smoking almost cold turkey. He is awesome! p.s. I promised him that I would come back after my mission to go fishing with him, so I've gotta come back. ha. I'll try and put some pictures with this email but idk if it will work. Hopefully it will.
Answers to my questions:
We don't find out if we have transfers until tonight so I don't know if I will have transfers or my companion, or neither of us. I'll have to let you know next week.
We have two new investigators that are progressing and we're going to try and put baptismal dates with them. One of them is the daughter of a recent convert and she has come to church a couple of times now and she has the desire to be baptised! The other investigator is Diana, her dad was an ex missionary and her mom is a member but they separated and she never got baptized. Her mom stopped going to church, but her grandparents are in our ward too so she has come with them the last two weeks. We have only taught her once but it went really well!
The living conditions are fine, we have hot water as long as we don't run out of gas haha. We had two days this week that nobody signed up to have us come to eat with them, but it doesn't happen too often. I don't think I've lost alot of weight but I can definitely tell I have lost some, I think I'll lose more with the heat though.
We are going to the Stake Center to watch Conference on Saturday and Sunday as long as I don't have transfers haha. Yes I did get the pillow tie! Thanks very very very much! I love it and I really like the colors! I still haven't gotten the other package but I might get it today because my District Leader has to go to the mission office to hand in the papers from our baptisms and he said he would see if it's there!
Welp I gotta go now! Love you all and miss you all alot! Thanks for all the love and support!
Love Elder Jake Hatch
Welp I gotta go now! Love you all and miss you all alot! Thanks for all the love and support!
Love Elder Jake Hatch
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment