Sunday, March 13, 2011

Monday, March 7, 2011

To Mom and Family:

This week was really good! I had divisions with my district leader and it was really good. President has us focused on 8 points of Preach My Gospel that are very important in the conversion process. It's been good to be able to apply them and see the difference that it makes and how much easier it is to teach. It's been a little bit of a struggle trying to teach my companion how to teach haha but he is coming along. I would teach him how to teach a lesson but he forgets alot of stuff cause he gets nervous alot and feels uncomfortable, but it's been alot of help to be able to focus on these 8 specific points so that he can relax a little bit.

We have had some trouble with the ward lately cause our Bishop won't give us ward missionaries and we asked him and have reminded him but it has been a month now. Also, the ward doesn't have a ward mission plan like they are supposed to. The Bishop takes everything really personal and in my opinion not by the Spirit, it's hard but we're doing all we can to help the ward but it all comes down to the willingness of them to be obedient. Relief Society was combined with Priesthood for a lesson on obedience and being prepared for emergencies and having the emergency kits for each person in your family, haha the sister that gave the lesson asked me a bunch cause I told her how you and Dad always made sure that we have our year supply. With all that happened here and how everyone was without water and light for a good 3 days it was a really good lesson. It really hit them the importance of listening to the guidance of the prophet!

I still haven't found a pair of shoes to buy cause all the ones that I can find have zero padding in the shoes and are really hard, but I'm still looking, I might just wait until its rainy season again cause I won't really need them until then with the pair that you're sending me.

We have started to work in the really really really poor part of our area, it's amazing to see the difference of how much more receptive the people are there. We have been doing a lot of service and we give blessings like crazy! I've really seen the confidence and the testimonies of the people here of the Priesthood it's awesome! We had a contact that was awesome this week and said they wanted to come to church and everything, we thought it was in our area, but it is one street out of our area so we had to give the reference to other missionaries haha but its all good. It's not important who teaches them just that they get the opportunity to know about the restored gospel. I've been learning very much about the 12 apostles of Jesus lately in Jesus the Christ. I really enjoy reading it cause its all very interesting and I learn so much and can apply their experiences with the Savior in our lessons!

I have a favor to ask. I was talking with one of the members here about the stone in Guatemala or wherever it is and had mentioned that you and Dad went and saw it on that trip and he asked me if I could ask you to send me a picture of it for him. If you can find the pictures I would really like a picture of it. Also, if Dad could explain a little bit about the representation of some of the stuff so that I can tell him too haha.

Welp not much else has happened, we didn't have a whole lot of crazy experiences this week, oh these pictures are of what I ate one night that a member gave us..."tripitas". Yes it is intestine tacos. haha It's a little weird but it's not that bad actually. haha Just to remind you I didn't even like chicken when I left! Well thanks for everything! Keep safe everyone and know I'm praying for all of you! Love you and miss you all alot!

Love Elder Jake Hatch












No comments: