Hello family!
Things are going really good here for me! I'm glad everyone had a great time at Lake Powell! I'm definitely wanting to jump in a lake right about now! I'm dying of heat here! It is really really hot!
My new companion is Elder Diaz. He is the district leader. He is from Mexico City, Mexico. He has 18 months in the mission. We are covering two different wards. Lomas, and Cuesta. They are both really small so there is alot of work to do! We are both really excited to be working together! The only thing is that we are both starting almost from zero. The last pair of missionaries that were in the area made a bunch of problems with the wards, and especially with the members. They were really rude to the members and didn't treat them with respect, and alot of families didn't want these two missionaries in their houses. President sent us two here as a special mini mission to regain the confidence of the two wards and to be examples to the wards that not all missionaries are like them and that everything is going to be very different. The other two also left the area kinda bad so we have alot of work to do!
I'm really excited and glad that President has alot of confidence in me. I still haven't seen or heard anything here in Juarez that makes me nervous or worried so don't worry at all! This week is going to be great I know it! I'm glad to be in a new area where it's a fresh start and we can do alot of good for these two wards.
The only thing that is really hard is the heat, the house we're in doesn't have air conditioning and so it's like an oven in our house. I'm constantly sweating in the house and especially when i sleep. Ive been having troubles sleeping again because of that. I'm not really sure what to do haha.
I still haven't gotten my package but I think President is coming next week to talk to us about going to the temple. So they should bring packages then!
Well I hope everyone has a great week and does something fun! Love you all and miss you all alot!
Love Elder Jake Hatch
Things are going really good here for me! I'm glad everyone had a great time at Lake Powell! I'm definitely wanting to jump in a lake right about now! I'm dying of heat here! It is really really hot!
My new companion is Elder Diaz. He is the district leader. He is from Mexico City, Mexico. He has 18 months in the mission. We are covering two different wards. Lomas, and Cuesta. They are both really small so there is alot of work to do! We are both really excited to be working together! The only thing is that we are both starting almost from zero. The last pair of missionaries that were in the area made a bunch of problems with the wards, and especially with the members. They were really rude to the members and didn't treat them with respect, and alot of families didn't want these two missionaries in their houses. President sent us two here as a special mini mission to regain the confidence of the two wards and to be examples to the wards that not all missionaries are like them and that everything is going to be very different. The other two also left the area kinda bad so we have alot of work to do!
I'm really excited and glad that President has alot of confidence in me. I still haven't seen or heard anything here in Juarez that makes me nervous or worried so don't worry at all! This week is going to be great I know it! I'm glad to be in a new area where it's a fresh start and we can do alot of good for these two wards.
The only thing that is really hard is the heat, the house we're in doesn't have air conditioning and so it's like an oven in our house. I'm constantly sweating in the house and especially when i sleep. Ive been having troubles sleeping again because of that. I'm not really sure what to do haha.
I still haven't gotten my package but I think President is coming next week to talk to us about going to the temple. So they should bring packages then!
Well I hope everyone has a great week and does something fun! Love you all and miss you all alot!
Love Elder Jake Hatch
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment