Hey Family,
Well I just wrote you on Saturday so you pretty much know everything that is going on right now. But today I got an area! I’m now in Cuauhtemoc, in the area Reforma. My companion is Elder Lopez. He is from some State just below the Federal District here in México. That’s about as much as I know about him so far! He seems like a good missionary and I think we’re going to get along really well!
Today has been pretty crazy, I had to help make breakfast for like 40 people and I felt like I was at scout camp or something. There is a matrimony (married) couple (Senior Missionaries!) in our zone here. They actually serve here in the same ward as us but aren’t in the same district. It’s Elder and Sister Leighton. They are from Canada. They are really cool but a little out of it because neither of them speaks Spanish. They are actually here teaching the Mennonites. They have also been in Casas Grandes. They helped us a lot today, took us from the bus stop to our house and then to the grocery store and back. From what I have seen I really like my area, it’s a little more humble than my last one but that’s good! The area is pretty big too which I like. The only thing is that the capilla (Chapel) is far away and it’s hard to get people to go to church, but we will figure that all out! There is a Coppel (a store) here so I’ll be able to buy the pants that I wasn’t able to buy yet and the suitcase if they have a good one. My suitcase broke a lot more today, now I really need the new one! There is also a Sam’s Club here and Elder and Sister Leighton said that they could take us next Monday if we want. Well that’s about it, plus we’ve got to go now. But I hope everyone has a great week! Love you all and miss you all so much!
Today has been pretty crazy, I had to help make breakfast for like 40 people and I felt like I was at scout camp or something. There is a matrimony (married) couple (Senior Missionaries!) in our zone here. They actually serve here in the same ward as us but aren’t in the same district. It’s Elder and Sister Leighton. They are from Canada. They are really cool but a little out of it because neither of them speaks Spanish. They are actually here teaching the Mennonites. They have also been in Casas Grandes. They helped us a lot today, took us from the bus stop to our house and then to the grocery store and back. From what I have seen I really like my area, it’s a little more humble than my last one but that’s good! The area is pretty big too which I like. The only thing is that the capilla (Chapel) is far away and it’s hard to get people to go to church, but we will figure that all out! There is a Coppel (a store) here so I’ll be able to buy the pants that I wasn’t able to buy yet and the suitcase if they have a good one. My suitcase broke a lot more today, now I really need the new one! There is also a Sam’s Club here and Elder and Sister Leighton said that they could take us next Monday if we want. Well that’s about it, plus we’ve got to go now. But I hope everyone has a great week! Love you all and miss you all so much!
Love Elder Jake Hatch
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment