Monday, February 20, 2012

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hey family!
This week wasn't really all that exciting. Sorry I couldn't write much this last week. They only gave me a few minutes to write something. On Monday my zone leaders called me and told me that I had transfers. Luckily they called before we bought our food for the week. They actually called while we were on our way to the store. So I was on the bus from like 1:30 till about 6:30 or so. Then we came to the offices. Tuesday we didn't really do anything. But then on Wednesday Elder Hobbs went with President to Juarez so I have been leaving with the other assistant to work. It's been a lot better than being stuck here in the offices all day with nothing to do and not being able to leave.

On my birthday me and another Elder here that got hurt in a bike accident left in the afternoon with the assistants but then his foot was hurting him so we came back early. We stopped by the store because he needed gauze pads and some medicine and I bought myself a birthday cake! I also bought some other food because they hardly feed us in here and they don't let us leave to buy food. They only give us cereal in the mornings and at night. And at lunch they give us macaroni. I don't like it here to say the least.

Today is our p-day since we are here in the offices and the secretaries and the assistant’s p-days are Saturdays. I still don't know when they are going to send me to an area or where the area will be. I talked to one of the Elders in the offices and he said that all of the areas are full so it could be a while or I might get put in with two missionaries or open a new area. But as of now I know nothing.

My camelback is also ripping at the bottom so I need to buy a new backpack. But the good thing is that we can go to "center" today. So I'll try and buy one there if I find one. On my big suitcase... The handles ripped out because it was broken so I'm going to see if I can find another suitcase that would work better. The straps to pull a suitcase behind it ripped so it's really hard to have three suitcases. I need more socks...if you haven’t sent me my package yet try and put some in there...it’s because they don’t sell the thicker socks like I have and the other ones rip a lot easier. I also want to buy a case for my ipod for my birthday and they sell them really cheap here.


Elder Jake Hatch

No comments: