Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Monday, January 23, 2012

Hey Family!

This week we got a good surprise! It was like 11:30 at night and we were sleeping when the phone rang and they told my companion that he had changes. I didn’t get very much sleep that night. We went back to sleep late and had to get up super early so that we could go to the bus station at like 8. I got a new companion this week. My new companion’s name is Elder Martinez. He is the youngest of nine children. He has almost five months in the mission. He is from Oaxaca. His trainer was Elder Smith, my companion from the MTC.

This week went really good for us. We committed two of our investigators to be baptized this week; one for February fourth, and another for February eleventh. We are really excited. Griselda is for the fourth, and Magdalena is for the eleventh. We were contacting a lot this week so that we would have some new investigators but we weren’t super successful, we only found one new one. We also had an activity this week with the young men and women from the stake. We did divisions with some of the young men and we went out and contacted with them and it was really fun! They had a good experience!

I asked President for the interview (for his BYU application)...I’m supposed to have it today over the phone. I also sent the forms to the mission address, so he should have them. There are Elders in the offices that can help him to be able to translate it. I told him I need it done as soon as possible! I called him in the morning and he said that he would be able to call me in the afternoon to do the interview over the phone.

The package...idk how much Hno. Payan goes to El Paso now...plus I just get scared that they will give us changes before I get it so then I wouldn’t be able to get it. If you are going to send something I would just send it as soon as possible or you can just send it to the mission if you want. I know it’s more expensive though. However you want to send it is fine!

I hope you all have a great week and I love you all and miss you all a lot!

Love Elder Jake Hatch

No comments: