Hey Family!
This week was really good even though it was a little bit
slow. We had a lot of half days this week.We had district meeting on Monday, on Wednesday we had a meeting with President half of the day, then Thursday we had planning session, Friday we had the baptismal interview, and Saturday we had the baptism. But it was a good week. The baptism went really well, not a lot of people went, but it was still really special to her because her family was there. I will send a picture soon but I forgot to bring my camera to send it. My new companions name is Elder Nicholson. He is from Wyoming. He is the oldest of 5 kids. He only has 8 months in the mission. He is really cool and I think we will get along very well. He still struggles a bit to speak Spanish but I’m trying to help him out. Right now the mission is putting a lot of emphasis on Family history. We are contacting with family history and our four generation genealogy charts. It was a good thing that you made me mine before I came out here, I didn’t really think I would ever use it but now I use it every day. And I didn’t know that I had a great grandma that was from Holland. That was pretty cool to learn.
This week we are planning on having another baptism. It’s an
investigator that didn’t pass his last interview because he had smoked, but he
is doing better now and is still excited to get baptized, we have an
appointment with him tomorrow, so we will see if he is still ready to be
baptized this week!
They just put a Subway here in Cuauhtemoc so my comp and I
are pretty excited to go there today. We wanted to go to a pizza place called
Los Arcos. It’s a Mennonite pizza place but it’s like the best in all of Chihuahua,
and it’s pretty inexpensive. But we figured we will wait, plus we don’t have
lots of time.
It’s pretty likely that I got my second to last haircut in
the mission today…that’s kind of weird to think about haha.
I’m really excited to be able to talk to everyone next
Sunday! My companion and I are going to talk from the Church; we already called
the bishop and asked for permission. I
think I’m going to call you at like 4 o’clock, but if we get to the church
before 4 I’ll just call you earlier.Sorry if my letter is a little short as well, but I’ll have lots of stuff to talk about on Sunday!
Have a great week everyone! Love you all and miss you all a
lot!
Love Elder JakeHatch
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment