Dear Family:
I had forgotten that you told me that you were going on a
cruise, but that is way awesome I hope you are having lots of fun!
This week was really good. We had five investigators at
church yesterday which was good, but were trying to get more to go to church
since we have lots more investigators. We are also going to have a baptism this
Saturday which is really exciting, and we are teaching a family that also want
to be baptized, but they still need some more teaching before that happens, but
the family is awesome. The couple is a young couple and they have a little boy.
Jose, the dad works with some members and he and his wife decided that they
needed to raise their child having religion as a background, so they started
talking to their friends about the church. They have actually been listening to
missionaries for about 8 months, but they were moving around a lot, but they
just settled down and bought a house in our area. They are really awesome, so
anxious to learn and they always have good questions and they accept everything
that we teach. The wife is going to school on Saturdays and every other Sunday
so sometimes it is hard for them to come to church but they said that this week
they are going to come so hopefully they will!
Yesterday we got a call like half an hour before church
started that after church we were going to Chihuahua for a meeting with President.
So yesterday we had to run home after church and pack a one night change of
clothes to go to the offices. We had a meeting from like 5 until 9:30. Then we
woke up this morning and had another one from like 7:30 until 11. Then we came
back here to Cuauhtemoc at like 1. Now we have p-day until 6.
I talked to Elder McDonald when I was in Chihuahua and he
said that I’m the first one to leave on the third, that I leave at like 7 and I
should get home at like 11. I’m the only Elder going through Dallas. All the
other Elders got put on a flight that first goes to Mexico City. Elder Hobbs
was going to talk to President to get them changed so that we all go to Dallas
at the same time. He is flying into Utah at like 7 at night and then has to
drive for like 6 hours. He also told me about your conversation on the phone,
that you sounded super excited and that you even said...this is so exciting.
haha.
Well that’s about it for this week. Not much new happened
other than the baptism and José and his wife. Just lots of teaching and finding
new investigators! Oh and one of my buddies, Elder Lopez, a different one not
my companion, is training another missionary that is from Mesa, but he went to Mountain
View. His name is Elder Stoker. We got to talking, in English because he doesn’t
speak Spanish hardly and he is actually Joe Hatch´s nephew. I told him that
they used to be in our ward, that she was my kindergarten teacher, and that Clayton
and Jordan are best friends haha. It was pretty cool!
How is everyone doing with General Conference? I’ve only
heard about mom and dad...I want to hear what everyone has learned and if they
have been able to see a difference! So if you aren’t going over the General Conference
talks again then you need to! I want to hear about it!
I hope everyone has an awesome week! Love you all and miss
you all a lot!
Love Elder Jake Hatch
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment