July 7, 2010
Hey everyone! This has been one of the best weeks of my life! I have never worked so hard in my life! I am in a classroom for mostly all of the day except for meals, gym and meetings. Sorry for the punctuation, these computers are pretty wack. I love being here, it is the best feeling ever to be able to feel the Spirit everyday, I have learned so much about the gospel, about my purpose here on earth, my purpose as a missionary, and most importantly about our Heavenly Father's love for each of us. I am so grateful that I was able to be here and be able to serve a mission! I am so grateful that I have the gospel in my life because it helps me everyday...without it there is no way that I would be able to survive here in the MTC everyday. A little about the MTC......the food is awesome! Breakfast isn't as good as Ihop in the middle of the night with all your best friends but it is pretty close... every meal there is at least something that is good and every meal is all you can eat, but I'm trying not to get too fat. I get to see one of my best friends in the whole world! ELDER COLTON (NIGHTHAWK) HOUSTON! He is the best, everyday I see him and it helps me to get through the day, he always inspires me and gives me some advice about how to make things here a little easier...mostly is to always have a little fun. This week has been one of the hardest weeks of my life, the days up to Sunday felt like eternity, and Satan began to work on me by feeling down, and discouraged but I was able to overcome that with alot of prayers. I have received so many answers to my prayers this week it is incredible. Well my time is almost up so I will end this first letter! I love you all and hope that you will write me! Check my facebook for my MTC address.. you can also use dearelder.com and I will get them that day! Once again I know that the Church is true and I love you all and know that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ do as well! Know that and have faith and you will all be blessed and will be able to do anything.
I love you all
Love Elder Jake Hatch
(Well that was my first email that I put in your wrong email address! sorry! hahah)
July 14, 2010
It has been good hearing from you! I'm glad the funeral went well and that the family got to spend some more time together! Never take it for granted! I miss you all so much! I am still loving the MTC! The food my companions and my district are awesome! I got a package from Kim and I was super excited! I could use some more letters though!!! I am looking forward for Elder Nathan Larson to come in today I'm gonna look for him! We are also getting 8 more Elders in our zone! and 4 sisters! so my whole zone is excited for that! There is a little book store here though mom but its wierd that I actually started thinking that I don't need things, I pick something up and think...this is cool and then I'm like well I don't really need this so I don't buy it. It's a new sensation, I feel like Dad! (it's a good thing)! Well my time is running out so I better end the letter soon! I love and miss you all so much! I want you to look up a poem and read it. It is called "He has been there Before" it talks about a Missionary and Christ. I love you all again so much and hope to hear from you! Love, Elder Jake Hatch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment