My companion’s name is Elder Tiburcio, and he is from Oaxaca, Mexico. He has almost two weeks in the mission field. So now my area is Marmol and yes now I have a Walmart in my area!!! There is also a lot of other good stuff! My crossroads are Calle 15 and Nuevo EspaƱa. The house is a lot better, idk if I told you but the house in Via Juarez was really bad and so yes I’ve had two transfers in the last little while and it’s been crazy but it is going really good so far and it will only get better! I’m still just getting to know the area cause my comp only had like 10 days there so he doesn’t know it either but we get along. We have the area book so we’re working really hard with that.
This last Saturday we placed a baptismal date for a woman named Marisol and it is for the 22nd which is this Saturday. I’ve been able to teach a lot more having a newbie for a companion so that’s been fun and it seems like the days go faster now but we’ll see how this week goes! So yes it’s all been great. We have like 3 investigators right now that are progressing, but that was just because a few didn’t come to church so we can’t count them but they told us ahead of time they had to work or something so this week we should have a few more. Last week I wasn’t able to write very much sorry. It was because some of the other Elders got to the internet place late so we didn’t get our full amount of time. But this week was a lot better!
My story from Via Juarez:
Hold on tight cause this is a good one haha!
So me and Elder Cook went to a member’s house for the "comida". It all started out normal we got to the house and knocked and then the brother opened the door. He was mopping and at first I didn’t really think anything of it. We sit down and then it hits me, There was a horrible stench. I looked at the floor and it was really bad, it smelled like wet dog, then I saw behind a cabinet were it was just piled up wet dog hair and dirt and who knows what else. But I just kept my cool. Then we wait for a while and she brings us the first plate. It was cut up lettuce with sliced carrots and tomatoes. Pretty normal right, wrong, she put a very large covering of mayonnaise and ketchup over the top of it, not like frysauce. Then me and my companion start to get comfortable after finishing that until we started looking around again when I noticed what was on the ceiling, cockroaches, lots of cockroaches, they were also on the wall. Then she brought spaghetti which didn’t mix well with the almost frysauce I just ate, then meatballs boiled and served with a large portion of onion. The house wasn’t bad from the outside and the brother has a good job, I’m not saying I wasn’t grateful for this family and their kindness to feed us so don’t take this story the wrong way. Oh and while we were in the middle of eating we hear someone crying outside and her little boy comes running in and had fallen on his face and was bleeding pretty good from his lip and a concrete burn on his forehead. He was screaming for just about the whole 45 minutes until we finished and left. It was the most odd meal that I have ever had. But we’ll see what else comes my way haha. I also ate “tripitas” (Tripas, also known as Machitos, in Mexican cuisine are the small intestines of farm animals that have been cleaned, boiled and grilled) for my first time the other day, not as bad as I thought but I don’t really wanna eat that again. haha Ask Dad or Josh what it is.
My story from Via Juarez:
Hold on tight cause this is a good one haha!
So me and Elder Cook went to a member’s house for the "comida". It all started out normal we got to the house and knocked and then the brother opened the door. He was mopping and at first I didn’t really think anything of it. We sit down and then it hits me, There was a horrible stench. I looked at the floor and it was really bad, it smelled like wet dog, then I saw behind a cabinet were it was just piled up wet dog hair and dirt and who knows what else. But I just kept my cool. Then we wait for a while and she brings us the first plate. It was cut up lettuce with sliced carrots and tomatoes. Pretty normal right, wrong, she put a very large covering of mayonnaise and ketchup over the top of it, not like frysauce. Then me and my companion start to get comfortable after finishing that until we started looking around again when I noticed what was on the ceiling, cockroaches, lots of cockroaches, they were also on the wall. Then she brought spaghetti which didn’t mix well with the almost frysauce I just ate, then meatballs boiled and served with a large portion of onion. The house wasn’t bad from the outside and the brother has a good job, I’m not saying I wasn’t grateful for this family and their kindness to feed us so don’t take this story the wrong way. Oh and while we were in the middle of eating we hear someone crying outside and her little boy comes running in and had fallen on his face and was bleeding pretty good from his lip and a concrete burn on his forehead. He was screaming for just about the whole 45 minutes until we finished and left. It was the most odd meal that I have ever had. But we’ll see what else comes my way haha. I also ate “tripitas” (Tripas, also known as Machitos, in Mexican cuisine are the small intestines of farm animals that have been cleaned, boiled and grilled) for my first time the other day, not as bad as I thought but I don’t really wanna eat that again. haha Ask Dad or Josh what it is.
To answer all the many questions:
The 2 transfers went great! I was able to fit all my stuff in my suitcases with a little bit of luck and a lot of force.
Elder Cook is from Heber City, Utah. I live in a condo sort of thing, it has two stories, just two little rooms upstairs, one downstairs, and one bigger room where we have the little stove and little refrigerator and some space to exercise in the mornings. We eat with members almost everyday except Mondays. I talked to Elder Cook in Spanish.
Well I need to write President now but I love you all and I am glad to hear everything and everyone is doing great love you all!
Elder Jake Hatch
The 2 transfers went great! I was able to fit all my stuff in my suitcases with a little bit of luck and a lot of force.
Elder Cook is from Heber City, Utah. I live in a condo sort of thing, it has two stories, just two little rooms upstairs, one downstairs, and one bigger room where we have the little stove and little refrigerator and some space to exercise in the mornings. We eat with members almost everyday except Mondays. I talked to Elder Cook in Spanish.
Well I need to write President now but I love you all and I am glad to hear everything and everyone is doing great love you all!
Elder Jake Hatch
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment