Monday, January 24, 2011

Hey mom!

Yeah, I just told Elder Cluff about your experience haha!

This is the experience I told E. Hatch: I have a funny story to tell you! Last week (after we found out you had been transferred quickly) there was a new missionary mom "looking" for more info about where her son might me. He had mentioned "Villa Juarez", that he felt like they dropped him off in the wrong country (because he couldn't understand a word that was spoken), anyway....I wrote back to her and told her that Villa might be Via and explained your experience with the quick transfer. I asked her if her missionary had mentioned his companion's name. I told her E. Cook's name. She wrote right back and said that was her son's companion! She was happy to know where he is and was happy to hear the little bit I could tell her about the area & E. Cook (I just told her about him being an Assistant and being on his last transfer & that he's from Heber City...the Cluff's are from Farr West, UT). I told her you were in the same district and I'd tell you about our experience. So E. Cluff's mom is my new missionary mom friend! Keep an eye out for him & make sure he's ok! Small world huh?



It's all good. he is doing good haha just a little shocked, he told me he felt pretty home sick one day but he seems like he is doing good! haha It's fun to see how I was when I got here. He always asks me how long it took until I could understand everything and he has alot of the same questions that I had when I got here.


My new area is alot smaller than my last area haha but it is bigger than my first. It's really skinny and really long. I have an address but you can't send anything to it but you could probably look it up on google maps or something, Filipe J Serra 2822 Marmol 3, Chihuahua, Chihuahua. The major crossroads are Calle 15 and Nuevo EspaƱa.


Elder Tiburcio is the only active member of his family, he has two sisters that are members but they are inactive, his parent's aren't members. He went to Benamerito which is kinda like Heritage (in Mesa), but the kids can live there and stuff. That's where he went and he has like 5 years as a member and is 20. He speaks a dialect in his house and it's really wierd, it sounds like Chinese mixed with Dutch mixed with Alien and Jiberish haha so if you can imagine that haha. His parents didn't go to school so they don't know how to read. His Dad speaks the dialect and Spanish, his Mom speals the dialect only. So he writes to his brothers and sisters and they read it to them. His Dad is a farmer, but I'm not sure of what yet, I think it's a bunch of different stuff. My area is pretty good, we have 2 progressing investigators and one of them we are getting ready to baptize soon so hopefully that works out. We also have two youngens haha one is nine and the other is 13 so we are going to give them the lessons this week and see if they want to get baptized.

You think it's a small world with your experience with Elder Cluff?
We went to a member's house to do some service one day and he started talking about his mission. He is like 32. While we were working he asked me where I was from, I told him Arizona and he told me he had a companion from Mesa, I told him that I was from Mesa. He then told me the name of his companion, and what street he lived on! Where do you think it was? Elder Rex Phelps, and then he said Calle Creston. haha I was more shocked than anything so far in all of my mission. His name is Hno. Javier Nogal. He is really cool and he talks alot haha and he really likes to talk about how his mission was.


Im glad everyone is doing great and hope you all have a great week!
Love Elder Jake Hatch

No comments: