Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January 3, 2011

Elder Hatch sent us a couple of pictures this week!
This picture was taken 12-24-10 before dinner! ;) But he and his companion didn't get to hang around...
This picture is E. Hatch showing off his skills after hiking up this mountain. It has a great view of Parral (the city where he is serving right now).

Hey mom!
New years was pretty good for me but my companion got sick again but it's worse this time, I don't know what he´s got but it seems like he is always getting sick. I'm fine and haven't really been sick for the last week or two so I feel fine. But I've been having a bit of a laugh at my companion cause he is really scared of shots, but the doctor told him that he has to have one a day for three days. So the last two days I got to watch him act like a little girl when we go to a member's house (she isn"t a nurse, & niether does she have any medical training) so that she could give him his shots and the last one is tonight. ( The medical system here kinda scares me cause they sell anything to anyone and it is amazing how cheap things are here. For 5 shots of penicillin it was 65 pesos, which is like 5 dollars). So I don't think I'm gonna take that route haha.

I'm glad things are going good at home! and that the girls and Nixon are still cracking everybody up! I miss them alot! I'm also really glad that you're all starting the year with some new goals and that your going to have the routine of praying and having Noche de Hogar! (fhe) more.
Well, with my companion sick again we haven't really been able to do too much, we did find two new investigators in the little time that he was able to do some work so that was good. Hopefully, we can pick up where we left off with them when he gets over his sickness! One of them is actually a cousin of one of the members in our Branch and he is the only member in his family, we found his cousin while we were tracting and when we brought the member to come teach with us and we told him the name of the investigator right before we got to the house. He told us it was his cousin haha so it was really cool! The other new investigator that we have came to Church yesterday, it is a friend of a member who is actually preparing to leave on her mission! Delia, the one who lives in San fransisco del oro, we haven't been able to go visit her this week but I think we're going to try to this week! So hopefully we can help them prepare for baptism in the coming weeks!

I've been reading Jesus the Christ and it is amazing! They changed our schedule a litte bit also. We get back to the house at 8:40 now and plan until 9 then for a half an hour we read Jesus the Christ. I had actually been reading it prior to this new rule but it's helped me to learn alot more!

Love you all so much and miss you tons!
Elder Jake Hatch-

No comments: