Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Monday, January 31, 2011

Hey Family!

Welp I decided since I'm writing one to the family now I gotta address it to the family! But I'll try to put in a little something for everyone at the bottom!

Welp this week was good, a little hard but good. We just had a lot of our appointments canceled a couple of nights, and the way things are here people are really afraid to open their doors here at night so it's really ineffective to contact but what can ya do...? But other than that it was a really good week.

We have been contacting alot to be able to find some new investigators, right now we're teaching a girl who her mom and little sister are members and she went to church yesterday which was really good. We're teaching a guy who is like 27 and has a little girl that is 5. He works on Sundays though (it's like a store that sells soda at the factory price...aka it's really awesome and right behind our house:)) But he said he is going to ask his boss for the day off next Sunday cause he wants to go to the church, once he goes two times he can get baptized, he has already told us that he wants to and that he has got his answers about the Book of Mormon so now it's just a waiting game! We are also teaching another family but it's a little hard with them because they are only home all together on Thursdays so we only have one chance a week to teach them. And we have to drop alot of investigators this week that are not progressing which is kinda hard for me cause I don't like to see people losing their opportunity, but that's just the way that it goes and everyone has their time!

My companion and I have been getting along really well and we're learning how to teach alot better together too. He is a little shy to talk still but that's just cause he is new haha so were breaking that habit!

To answer Dad's question from Christmas, yes I can buy tortillas now. haha

(Before Jacob left for his mission we went to Rocky Point with my sister and brother-in-law. My brother-in-law had Jacob go into a little market to buy tortillas with him and taught him how to buy the tortillas! Paul was great in helping Jacob order in restaurants and get used to the Mexican experience!)

I found a store that is right by our house that sells flour tortillas for ten pesos for ten tortillas. (everyone eats corn tortillas and I don't like them very much ha) and so I went in to the store and bought some haha. This week we got some rain and to watch my companion was hilarious! We were walking to the comida (our food appointment) and it started to rain pretty good and the wind was blowing. He was going crazy and wanted to run straight to the house for cover, but I was used to it so I just kept walking normal, I told him to stop worrying cause were going to be walking in it the rest of the day haha and then he kinda calmed down and just went with it haha.

Happy Birthday Jordan! Sorry it's late haha I remembered last week but then I forgot to write it in the email!


Love you all and have a great week!

Elder Jake Hatch

1 comment:

vicki said...

tortillas= happiness! Elder Hatch sounds great!!!