Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday, February 7, 2011 (E. Hatch's 20th Birthday)

Well this week was more than interesting.

Well on Monday (last week) I wore a short sleeved church shirt and felt really good, not cold but not really hot either. Then Tuesday it was cold, Wednesday even colder and Thursday it snowed! Don't worry I took pictures! It was really cold! but we still went to work like normal haha. It was an interesting experience haha. I wore my thermals then my church shirt then my two sweaters and then my jacket, and my scarf and my earmuffs haha. It was really cold needless to say. Also our tubes (pipes?) froze over night so we didn't have water to bathe,(for three days) but one of our neighbors who is a member let us fill up two buckets with water so we could use the bathroom in our house.

That day we also didn't have light in the house, so we had to make a trip to Walmart to try and find some candles haha. But when we got there you would not believe how crazy people were going looking for candles it was a madhouse haha. So we had to go home like 2 hours early cause there were no lights that day, luckily we were able to buy some candles. Then the next day was really cold too and we had light in the morning but it went out again in the middle of the day and then came back on at night.

On Friday the water lines in our house ruptured and flooded the house with water and we had to close the lines to the house and the lines from the water tank above the house to the boiler and bathroom. So we have been without water in our house for a good 5 days now haha it's been an experience. We heated up a little water in a tiny microwave that we have to try and bathe ourselves cause we started to smell really bad. Also we had to wait to buy gas for the boiler until today cause it ran out the second day and all the gas companies ran out of it with the madness and everything haha.

I was able to buy some gloves at Walmart, and also some warm socks from Walmart too. But today has been really good even though we are still without water! My companion and I have enough blankets so don't worry about that but he doesn't have a jacket but his family is supportive. Well I have to go now so I will finish this up thanks for everything love you all so much!


Love Elder Jake Hatch

No comments: