Hola familia!
Thanks for the letter!
Well this week went by really fast! It didn't get cold and I don't have to use my sleeping bag with three other blankets over me anymore. It's getting hot here, I'm really thankful because I like the heat alot more than the cold. Now that my house all got fixed and you won't be scared anymore I'll tell you. We had some problems with the house. The lock on the front door was broken, the bolt that went into the wall from the lock wasn't secure because when you locked it you could just push the bolt back into the door/lock. But we went to Walmart and bought a new one and installed it. Good thing I've done that alot! The other part that got fixed today was the bars that are around the window in the second story, they were just resting on the window and weren't connected to anything so today a guy came and put it into the wall and welded it onto the pegs that he put into the wall! So now my house is all safe :).
This week we had two investigators at Church and a bunch that lied and said they were going to go. But that's how it is every week. This week we had to drop alot of investigators that weren't progressing which I have found to be one of the hardest parts of missionary work. We see and know how much it will bless their lives and then they just reject it or don't apply the gospel in their lives, and it's hard for me to just let them slip away, but only the Lord knows when their time is and we just have to do the best we can!
It's been alot harder this week with my companion, because now that he has ¨"2 months" he thinks he can do basically whatever he wants. He hasn't really been listening to the counsel I give him and when i teach him things he just ignores it. He thinks that because he went to a "church school" (Benamerito) that he knows how to be an amazing missionary. It's been quite the struggle and I've had to study patience alot this week. Hopefully I'll be able to help him learn to be humble and do things the way that the Lord wants them done.
Welp today we have a conference in the center of Chihuahua and then tomorrow and Wednesday too. Hopefully we'll be able to put some baptismal dates. We have 3 ready for baptism and now were just praying they accept. Thanks for everything; the love support and letters! Love you all and miss you all very much!
Love Elder Jake Hatch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment