Thursday, June 23, 2011

Monday, June 20, 2011

Hey Mom! and family...
No I didn't get transfers...I'll be here for at least another month and a half! I'm not disappointed, but I'm not going to lie I was expecting to get transferred. My companion didn't get transferred either.

The baptism for last week didn't go through, after we put a baptismal date with Marisol, she started avoiding us, I still don't think she is quite ready but were going to keep working with her. We have a baptism for this Saturday at 5. Jose Eduardo Delgado. His mom was inactive and they just started coming to church again a couple of weeks ago, he is nine so we have been teaching him and he is going to be baptized this Saturday. Sonia didn't come to church this week cause I think she had family that was there visiting her. She still hasn't accepted a baptismal date, we need to find out what she is really thinking. Marta and Valeria (Manuel's wife and daughter) didn't come to church either because her mom came to town and was there with them, but Manuel still came! He is progressing really good! He participates in all the classes too! I'm glad I'll still be here to see him receive the priesthood!

This last week I had divisions with the zone leaders, it was really good! I was in our area with Elder Rojas, it went really good! We were both able to learn alot and put some new stuff that we have learned into practice! We have been working hard to find some new investigators, it's been kinda hard but we're going to keep working on it. Our mission leader has been helping us alot these last couple of weeks with our lessons. We're going to have a mission activity with our ward, for the young men and young women in the ward. It's also on Saturday so that should be good. The bishop's daughter just got her mission call so were going to start inviting her to come with us to teach people.
Its been really really hot and the air condicioning (left that in just because it's funny...obviously meant air conditioning!) in our house doesn't work and so I haven't been sleeping well at all. I'm always really tired, but we called the lady that rents us the house today so that she will take care of it. Our refrigerator isn't holding up in the heat, our milk went bad in like 3 days so we have to ask the offices to give us a newer one.
I didn't get my package yet but we need to go to the offices this week for more Books of Mormon so I'll ask if it's gotten there yet. I think what takes so long is that the secretaries have to go to the mail offices to get the packages and they aren't going very often. But we'll see what happens. My shoes have been getting really worn out...I'll give them like two more months, we have been walking alot lately. Question...What is the status on the ¨Born¨ shoes that I sent you the picture? Do they not have the same ones anymore or what are they going to do about them? Let me know.
What did dad get for Fathers Day? ¿What did you mean mom when you said that you were thinking we need a larger space...?

Dad, Happy Fathers Day!!! Thanks for all that you do and have ever done for me! I really am so grateful to have such a wonderful Dad! I have always looked up to you and learned how humble you are, how much you love to serve others, and the testimony and love you have for the restored gospel! Have a great Fathers Day and know that I am truly grateful for you! (Make sure and get yourself something nice(real nice) from me!!!)

Happy birthday Monique!
Well I hope everyone is doing great and having a good summer! Know that I love you all and miss you all alot!
Love Elder Hatch

No comments: