Sunday, June 12, 2011

Monday, June 6, 2011

Familia!

Espero que todos esten bien y que tuvieron una buena semana!

This week was pretty good! We had alot of work and we have been working with some investigators alot that are getting ready for baptism. We have one with a baptismal date and three others progressing towards baptism. This week we had three people in church. Manuel (one of my converts) his wife and his daughter have come to church two weeks in a row and are really liking the church! We're going to focus on them alot this week! Manuel is super excited and is progressing alot in the church! He is preparing to receive the priesthood, and the bishop wants him to have the goal of baptizing his wife and his daughter! We have transfers in two weeks so hopefully I will still be here when this all happens cause that would be amazing to see!

This morning we had to go to the mission offices to have like zone interviews, it was really more like a meeting we talked about how we feel like the progress is going and why we think it is going that way, What we are going to do to fix problems and alot more stuff that was really helpful. President wants us to baptize every week, he put a goal that everyone baptize at least two in this month to start off this goal. We're seeing alot of progress with the members in our ward. This week the chapel was fuller than I have ever seen it in all of my almost 6 months here. I really hope we can keep up this excitement for missionary work too. Our mission leader is amazing and is always ready to give us a hand. I really feel like I've progressed alot these past couple of weeks and that today just started a new phase of progress that's going to be alot faster and alot more progress!

I would also like to ask all the returned missionaries in the family (Dad, Jordan, Josh, Dallin, Dayne, and Monique!) if they could please send me some ideas or things that they did in their mission that they saw help the work, that I might be able to put into practice here to have more success as a missionary. I will be very grateful for whatever councils that they can give me! Thanks! And those that are not returned missionaries also let me know your ideas!

Yesterday we had a funny experience. We were studying in the morning when my companion looked out of the door of the room we study in, and he yelled ¨"there is a huge rat in our house" haha I looked out and sure enough we had a giant rat in our house, it was like the size of a softball. It ran behind our refrigerator and I started closing all the doors to our room and the bathroom so that it wouldn't enter and we could get it out of the house. Then I lifted up the refrigerator and it ran out from under it, my companion had a wooden baseball bat and was trying to hit it but it was really fast and jumpy. I trapped it under a clear plastic box and then we put our small propane tank over it. We had to go to church so we didn't have time to get rid of it, so when we got back from church we trapped it in a box and threw it over the fence into our neighbor's backyard because they have two pitbulls, it was pretty cool watching that!


Thanks for all the love and prayers! Love you all so much and miss you all very much!

Love Elder Jake Hatch

No comments: