Hola Family!
So today was kind of different for p-day that’s why I’m writing you this late…sorry. So we got a call from our zone leaders this morning that we were going to have interviews with President, it was a joke though, we all got to get together and play soccer and basketball as a zone and have a bbq because we completed our goals as a zone, it was pretty cool. It was one of the first times in a very long time that they have let us play sports or do anything on our p-days, it was cool! So we were at the stake center from like 12 till 5:30 but we didn’t do the bbq so we went and ate dinner (Little Caesar’s pizza).
The General Conference was really awesome! I loved all of the messages! I really liked Elder Oaks' talk from Saturday. It was kind of weird and I got kind of upset on Saturday because after the second session we went to eat with members and we got a call from the zone leaders telling us that President told us that we couldn’t attend the priesthood meeting, I was very angry and I wanted to just go anyways, but me and my companion decided to be obedient and so we started working, we didn’t have anything planned because we thought we would be in the session so we started to contact. A little after the meeting started we got another call from the zone leaders telling us that after the message from Elder Holland , President Angulo repented and told us all to get to the conference as fast as we could, this was in the entire mission. I was mad we missed a lot because it took us a while to get back to the Stake Center. But other than that the conference was a huge success, we had 7 investigators that went to the Stake Center for the conference so we did pretty well. We also handed out like 600 fliers in our area that we made, it was really cool. Our mission leader’s family helped us go door to door in like a quarter of our area passing out the fliers for the conference. It was a neat experience working a lot more with members this week! But I also noticed that when we started testifying of the prophets and apostles, Satan really started to work a lot harder against us, we had so many more people trying to argue with us and we got more doors slammed in our faces than any other time in my mission. It was a real test but me and my companion just kept on knocking and talking to everyone! It was a really great experience!
Well I haven’t sold my shoes or traded them, and I still haven’t bought new ones either. I think I’ll wait until I really need them.
I do know Elder Robie he is in my zone and I see him all of the time, he is a cool guy. He was there at the Stake Center playing basketball and soccer, oh we also got to play Ping-Pong and foosball because the Institute classes are in the Stake Center and they have Ping-Pong and foosball.
My Christmas package: wait to send it another week because I sent a package home the other day that’s got clothes and some books in it. It also has my bag that you sent me in it. You might need to clean the clothes that I sent home. I gave it to a member that is in our ward that lives in New Mexico and she comes on the weekends to visit her daughters that live here in my ward. So I might have you send the package to her at her house and then she can bring it to me and it will be faster and cheaper and you can send me more stuff that shipping it to Mexico wouldn’t allow you to do (like beef jerky and some Mountain Dew) but this is what I want: umm lots of candy sugar babies, suckers, starburst, skittles, airheads, peanut and peanut butter m & ms, and idk really what else still, idk if you could send me a hlj ring I want one still, I’m good on garments and socks and clothes and stuff, pictures of everyone and all the new goodies, written contracts from everyone signed and endorsed that they will write me, that’s about all I can think of for now. I’ll work on getting you the information this week if you can send the package to this lady in my ward.
I love you all and miss you all so much! Have a great week and I want to hear about everyone’s favorite talk from conference next week! Like mom, dad, brothers, sisters, cuñados y cuñadas.
Love Elder Jake Hatch
This is from a letter I got from David (Lindblom) today:
Dude I’ve been meaning to get to you forever!!! So I’m going to send you a picture. So I was on divisions with my Zone Leader and he was telling me about his mission scrap book thing and how he has some papers from his Dad’s mission right. So I was going through it and he had a paper of a picture of all the missionaries in his Dad’s mission and he had his Dad’s picture circled, guess who was right next to his Dad????? Your Dad hahahaha Kreston Hatch Monterey México mission right????? I was dying and I took a picture. Your Dad looked freakin awesome man hahaha, you got to tell your family and say hi to them too, I miss going over to your house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment