Hola Familia
!Espero que todos esten bien y que vayan a tener una buena semana! haha I hope you got the invitation that I sent you guys. It’s the one that we are passing to all of the members here by email addresses so that they can post it on their facebooks and they can invite all of their friends (to General Conference). It’s going to be super awesome. We also printed a bunch out so that we can give them out to those who don’t have email addresses. We are super busy preparing for General Conference.
I was able to go to the temple this week and it was an amazing experience! I learned a lot even though it was in Spanish. It was kinda like going for my first time again haha it was really cool! It’s been so long since I was able to go and it was really such a great blessing! I’m so excited for General Conference I can’t wait! I gave the class (lesson) yesterday in Priesthood meeting and I gave it about the First Presidency message from this month about preparing for the General Conference. I really hope everyone that is not going out of town is planning on inviting one of their neighbors to attend with them or to watch the General Conference with them. We really are so blessed to have prophets that lead us and guide us. I also challenge the whole family to read the First Presidency message and put it in practice as you all prepare for the General Conference!
I’m kinda running low on time so I included my letter to President and Dad will have to translate it for you guys. It talks about my temple experience and an experience that I had this week. I hope Dad has been practicing his Spanish, Josh read it to your family. Thanks for the letter Josh sorry I don’t have time to respond to it today! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible I promise!
We’re also preparing for something that is called Juares competative. idk if that’s right, but it’s like this huge event that they do each year here in Juarez to promote the City and to bring more businesses here to establish themselves and bring more work to the City. The Church is doing a huge deal in it so that we can do pretty much the same that is going on up there with the media and all that. It’s going to be a lot of work for us too. It’s not till like the 22nd or something like that so we have some time to prepare for it. Look it up on the internet and tell me a little more about it.
Also next week make sure and write me before Monday (if you can like Sunday night) because I need to start coming to internet in the mornings so that I’m not always so rushed. It’s just that sometimes I’m scared that you all haven’t written me so I don’t come so soon haha. That would help me a lot! Thanks for everything and I hope that you all have a great week and know that I love you all and miss you all so much! I’m doing great!!!
Love Elder Jake Hatch
Letter to President Angulo (translation by Kreston is below)
Hola Presidente,
Esta semana fue algo bien especial para mí ya que tuve la gran bendición de ir al templo y poder aprender bastante de esta gran experiencia. Fue mucho lo que aprendí en la sección, fue un poco diferente ya que fue mi primera sección en español pero el espíritu fue lo mismo. Algo que aprendí que me ayudo mucho en esta semana que no había aprendido en secciones anteriores es que cuando Satanás tentó a Eva primeramente le dijo que el era su hermano y ella le hizo la pregunta ¿es mi hermano y ha venido para hago algo en contra del mandamiento que me dio el padre? Y de esto yo aprendí que aun hasta los hermanos de la iglesia o personas con quienes tenemos confianza nos pueden poner en posesiones en que vamos a ser tentados. Eso me ayudo bastante ya que usted nos dijo que NPC nos iba a probar para ver si seriamos fieles al convenio que hicimos este día. A noche fuimos con un miembro menos activo para invitarle a la conferencia y para mostrarle el video promocional de la conferencia, y cuando estábamos sentados para poner la película, la película no funcionaba con sus electrónicos, entonces el nos dijo que nos iba a mostrar otro película y empezó a ponerlo en el Dvd y luego vimos que no era de la iglesia y de inmediato le dijimos que no pudimos ver esta película y le pedimos que lo apagara. Fue un experiencia muy especial para mi viendo como el espíritu me indico lo que yo tuve que aprender este día para poder vencer una tentación que venia de una persona que pensaba era confiable. También esta semana fue muy especial preparando para la conferencia general, preparando a los investigadores y a los miembros para que aprendan de los profetas. Espero que podemos tener mucho éxito y se que lo podamos lograr. Nuestro obispo de la cuesta esta muy animado para ayudarnos a invitar a los miembros a la conferencia para que inviten a sus conocidos, no solo nos dio tiempo ayer in la capilla para hacer la demonstración, lo hicimos con todos directamente después de la reunión sacramental, el obispo pidió que los miembros se quedaran en el salón sacramental. Explicamos como hacerlo, hicimos una demonstración y luego pasamos unos pares de miembros a practicar,. Vi que muchos de ellos están muy animados y que quieren invitar a sus conocidos y amigos, y ahora saben como hacerlo. Muchas gracias por todo Presidente, espero lo mejor para usted y su familia esta semana.
Elder Hatch
Hello President,
This week was something very special for me because I had the great blessing of going to the Temple and to learn a lot from this great experience. I learned a lot in the session. It was a little different, since it was my first session in Spanish but the spirit was the same. One thing I learned that really helped me this week that I hadn’t learned in previous sessions is that when Satan tempted Eve, he first said that he was her brother, and she asked the question: You my brother and have come to make me do something against the commandment which the father gave me? From this I learned that even with brothers (and sisters) of the church, or people whom we trust, we can be put in positions where we are going to be tempted. That helped me a lot since you said that Our Father-in-Heaven was going to test to see if we would be faithful to the covenant made this day. That night we went with a less-active member to invite him to Conference and to show the promotional video of Conference, and when we sat down to put the film on, the film did not work with his player, then he told us he was going to show another film and began to put in the DVD and we saw that it was not from the Church and we immediately told him we could not see this movie and ask him to turn it off. It was a very special experience for me watching how the spirit taught me what I had to learn that day to overcome a temptation that came from a person I thought was reliable. Also this week was very special preparing for General Conference, preparing investigators and members to learn from the prophets. I hope we can be very successful and I know that we can achieve it. Our Bishop of the Cuesta Ward is very excited to help us invite members to Conference and to invite their acquaintances, he not only gave us time yesterday in the chapel for the demonstration, we did it right after sacrament meeting. The Bishop asked all the members to stay in the chapel. We explained how to invite friends to watch Conference, we did a demonstration and then had the members pair up to practice. I saw that many of them are very excited and want to invite their friends and acquaintances, and now they know how.
Thank you very much for everything President, I hope the best for you and your family this week.
Elder Hatch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment