Friday, October 21, 2011

Monday, October 17, 2011



Hey Family!

Sounds like everyone is doing well at home! The same old busy busy routine!

Everything is going really good here! I’m doing great! This weekend was really cool because we were contacting in Juarez Competetiva, it was a really cool experience! I am not sure if we are going to be contacting there this week or not but I would like to a lot! It was a huge event and there were tons of people there, our stand looked so good and we had such a great turn out! I’ll send a picture of the stand. What we did was contact the people that were walking by to watch a short Mormon message (the ones that are on TV) that were all about the family and then we gave out The Family a Proclamation to the World pamphlets and DVDs and other pamphlets. It was really cool! We were getting at least like 250 references a day and it has been 5 days now so that’s really good! I might have just liked it so much because it was something different than the usual or because there were so many people haha but either way its fine. Sometimes the normal routine gets a little old so it’s always good to get a little change and refresh everything! Although I had many good and bad experiences, people that accepted and people that tried to contend with me but overall it was really good. When I first got there to contact I didn’t really know what was going on or the way we were contacting and President was there and I started talking to him and he asked me some stuff like how was our area and how things were going, then a family passed by and he told me to contact them. I was kind of nervous in the first place so when I started walking towards them to contact them and I realized that President was following me I got even more nervous because he was coming to see how I contacted. The family was one that wanted to contend so I just stayed persistent but they walked away. Then President told me that it was good that I was persistent only that if they were walking away that I didn’t have to walk away with them haha. But it was a good experience, and after that it all got a lot easier and I wasn’t nervous ha.

This week was kind of hard on Sunday because we didn’t have investigators at church. It’s been like the second time in like two months, it was hard but there was nothing more we could have done that we didn’t do. It was just the decision of others so I’m trying not to get downed by it. We had a family of four committed to come and when we passed by with a member to take them to church on Sunday they weren’t there. We’re going to visit them tonight I think so we will see how things go and what happened. We’re still trying to find a lot of new investigators because like three days this week we were contacting or having conferences so we weren’t able to find a lot. But we are hoping that we get some good references from this activity that we did!

So this week I realized that I had lost my debit card that the mission gives us so I had to call the finance secretary so that he would cancel that card and send me a new one. I’m going to have to wait like a week or two so I’m going to have to use my card from home this week and maybe next week too. But they will still give me all the money I should be getting, but it will just be collecting on my card from the mission. I had been keeping my cards in separate places in case we got robbed or something, so I would always hide them in my stuff, and this time I couldn’t find it, or I didn’t remember where I hid it. But I’m pretty sure it’s in our house, I looked through everything like five times but couldn’t find it.

This is the last week of the cycle so there should be transfers next Monday, but I think President has meetings in México with the Area Presidency, and Elder Scott, this week until next week so I think the changes will get pushed back a week. Today is my companion’s birthday so I told him I would buy him pizza haha.

This is what David told me is the kids name, Aaron Rowan, and his Dad’s name is Stephen Rowan.

The Sister didn’t come down this week so I wasn’t able to ask her if I could have you send the package to her house, I think it will be better to send it after the transfers just in case I get changed, it will be a lot better if you can send it in like two weeks. I’ll make sure and ask the Sister, or one of her daughters if it’s alright this week and let you know on Monday.

Jordan didn’t write me so tell him again to write me haha.
Tell Kelley that she needs to stop having boyfriends. That’s stupid that he asked her and then they broke up and now they aren’t going.
I learned that having a girlfriend wasn’t worth it to me when I was in High School (because that meant I could only kiss one girl) haha, but don’t tell her that!

I love you all very much and miss you all a lot too!

Love Elder Jake Hatch

No comments: