Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday, October 24, 2011





Hey Family,

Wow that was super shocking to hear (about Bishop Chiles passing away)..that’s really crazy how one day someone is fine and the next God has called them home in an instant. That’s a really hard test of faith for the Chiles family. I hope they are all doing alright. I wrote Blake a little letter, it wasn’t much but I hope he got it. I’m glad everything went well with the funeral. It’s made me think a lot this week. It’s such a hard thing to understand. I can’t imagine how it would be for Blake and his family right now. Say hi to him for me if anyone gets a chance.

This week was pretty good, really busy but good. We sang in a theater for 2000 people, it was for members and investigators and the place was packed. It was an awesome experience and it helped me to understand the plan of salvation. It was called “The Plan of Happiness” and it was about the plan of salvation. It depicted two friends in heaven before this life, one is sent to a family with the gospel and one without. Then one of them dies and the other one finds help in the gospel and he and his family are baptized. Then it showed when they are in the heavens again and reunited. It was a really spiritual experience for me and I really enjoyed it.

This week we were able to find some new investigators, we worked a lot with the members and they gave us some references and we were able to teach some of these references. We also followed up with some of the references that we got from the booth activity. I spoke in church this week about the Book of Mormon; mainly about the First Presidency message from President Monson in this month’s Liahona. I talked about how the precious promises in the Book of Mormon help us to gain a testimony or strengthen them and how whatever problem or question that we have has an answer if we just look for it in the scriptures. I shared my testimony about the Book of Mormon, and the comfort it gives me in difficult times.

Mom that’s awesome (that I’m going to the gym), I’m so proud of you for sticking to it! You probably will beat me in an arm wrestle when I get home, I’m looking pretty skinny right about now. idk why... I’ll send you a picture.

Today and tomorrow are transfers, so I still don’t know to tell you where to send the package, it will have to wait another week. Sorry!

Well I love you all and miss you all tons! Have a great week!

Love Elder Jake Hatch

No comments: