Hey Family!
Sounds like everything is going good at home, but why does Jordan have to have surgery on his shoulder?
I’m glad everything is going alright at home.
Things are going really good in the new area, a lot has happened. We found a new investigator this week and she came to church. The Relief Society president’s son just got married and we started teaching his wife. She came to church on Sunday, she seems really excited, but really wants to learn and find out if it is true. She doesn’t just want to do it for her husband. We had a lot of other investigators that were supposed to go to church but they didn’t show up. I also got to know a lot more members in the ward. There weren’t that many people in church yesterday, there were like almost 40 I think, but out of these were mostly older ladies. There isn’t a lot of Priesthood in this ward. I still haven’t seen a counselor to the Bishop yet. We help the Bishop a lot, we help him with the tithing and fast offerings every Sunday after church. The Bishop is really cool; he helps us a lot and watches out for us. He invites us to eat dinner with him sometimes too. Our house is pretty good; it has really tall ceilings though so it’s going to be really cold in the house. We have a heater but I think it has something wrong with it because the flames that come out are huge. Ha ha! It’s been really nice weather lately, a little bit cold; it’s a lot colder here in Juarez than in Chihuahua. I think I’m going to have to buy a bigger/thicker jacket to get through the winter here in Juarez.
Surprise! ha I got a new companion today. We woke up this morning and started cleaning the house and the zone leaders called us and told my companion that he had changes. He went to Casas Grandes. They told me that I would be getting a new companion. I still don’t know the area really well, I have a feeling I will get lost quite often. My new companion is Elder Egbert. He is from the Bay area in California; he has 13 months in the mission. He has been in my district before; he was also my zone leader in La Cuesta, Stake. I think we should get along pretty good. I’m just more worried about getting lost in the area.
Well I hope that everyone has a great week, don’t be strangers, write me!!! I’m able to get a lot more done here in this area a lot faster so I’m not as rushed so I’ll have a little more time to write people back! I love you all and miss you all a lot!
P.S.
To answer your questions that I forgot:
Elder Tinajero went to Chihuahua, we both got taken out of the area. It’s because President wanted to put a lot of the missionaries in the area so that the members would forget about the problem they had with the missionaries before I got there.
All my District is pure Mexicans except my companion, unless there were more changes made.
Spiritual experience: Well lately we have been changing the way we teach. We try and use phrases that we have memorized from the scriptures and stuff like that. I have been able to see a big difference in the affects that it has in our lessons. Also I’ve been realizing when the Spirit is working through me a lot more lately because in the lessons I will all of the sudden bear my testimony not really thinking to or just feel like it’s the right moment. It happens a lot more than it has before in my mission. Also we went with a menos (less) active family yesterday who have been having lots of problems and we went to talk to them. They joke around a lot, but this time we sat them down and told them the truth. It was really spiritual for me because they have some serious problems in the family and I just felt so blessed that we haven’t ever had problems in the family. I could see why the family was inactive, for small and simple reasons they had been forgetting to follow the gospel, family home evening, family prayer, and other small things like that, and now they are so far that it’s made big problems in their family. We were able to help them understand and they all said that they are willing to do what it takes to go back to doing those things.
LOVE ELDER JAKE HATCH
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment