Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Monday, November 28, 2011







HEY FAMILY!

I’m glad that everyone is enjoying the holiday seasons so far! Sounds like everyone is doing good!

Things here were really good! Thanksgiving was really cool! We ate with the Relief Society President for Thanksgiving at 2. She has a daughter that got married to a returned missionary from Utah and they live in Casas Grandes in Colonia Juarez and they both teach at the Academy. So it was awesome because they have all these kids that are American but speak Spanish, but they also speak English too. It was really fun to be there. They started talking about “Goonies”! I can quote that movie word for word just about so I was making them laugh a lot, it was really fun.

We kept working and at night when we got home, the guy who owns our apartment lives above us and he invited us to eat turkey and stuff with his family so it was awesome. They had real mashed potatoes, and cherry pie. It was awesome, not quite like at home but good!

Thanks for sending my package! Tell the McFarlands thanks so much for the beef jerky. He (the member with the contact in the USA) actually was going to El Paso today so we will have to see if he got the package! Don’t worry I just bought some toothpaste today that is really good. It’s like this new Colgate stuff that is supposed to whiten your teeth one shade in just a week. About my teeth...I wear my retainer every night but that tooth that was kinda crooked before my mission is kinda turning again and i don’t know why because I honestly wear them every night.

This week was pretty good but then we didn’t have any investigators in sacrament meeting. I was bummed because we seriously commit all our investigators to come and then they don’t. They say that they are for sure going to be there and then they don’t come, its kinda hard. We have to drop some investigators this week and look for alot of new ones. We have been reactivating a lot of members which is good too. It’s kinda hard to work with the ward and get members in our lessons with the investigators because there isn’t alot of priesthood. It’s alot of older ladies without husbands. But we are hoping that this week will be alot better!

Me and my companion get along really good! It’s just kinda hard because I have to hold back, and my companion has a little bit of a hard time with Spanish, and then he always talks in English to me, but I’m trying to help him alot.
Thanks for working on my package and my school stuff, just tell me when you need the school stuff and I can ask for an interview with President. He comes like once a week or every other week. So that’s not a problem. We’re getting closer to Christmas and we are already planning alot of activities, mostly choirs and stuff but I’m excited for this time of the year. My companion is really excited to be with another American for Christmas, it’s what he always tells me. It’s pretty cool having an American companion but it feels kinda weird walking around in the streets haha and all the members are surprised to see two Americans together haha.

Well thanks for everything, I sent you a picture of one of my pairs of pants that are ripped, and my zipper belt I bought fell apart too. It was pretty cheap material. The other pictures are of a bobcat and a pony/mini horse. This guy in our ward has like a little zoo in his backyard and he has dogs for producing dogs. He has a hawk, owl, peacock, two huge raccoons, a bobcat, a mini horse, chipmunks, parrots and some other animals, it’s cool.

Well thanks for everything! I love you all and miss you all too! Have a great week everyone!

Love Elder Jake Hatch

No comments: