Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday, October 31, 2011

Hey Family!

Sounds like things are good at home. I’m very glad and relieved that everything went well this week. That’s cool that Brother Sherwood is now Bishop Sherwood and that Brother Hamblin and Dad are still the counselors’ haha. I haven’t gotten the letter from Brother Shepherd yet. Happy birthday Nixon!!! That’s way cool that he is four now, he is so big.

This week went really good! We had four people at church and we put a baptismal date with one of our investigators. Her name is Michelle. She has come to church a few times now and wants to get baptized. The only bad thing that happened this week is that this morning we had a conference and President is going to do major transfers tomorrow and Wednesday. It’s kinda scaring me cause I don’t want to get transfers right before we might have a baptism, but I’ll go wherever the Lord needs me. We also found three new investigators this week. One was from the references that we got from the activities that we did and the other two from contacting. We have been having a hard time trying to maintain a group of investigators and we couldn’t because they wouldn’t progress but now we have more that are progressing and everything is looking a lot better. I’m hoping that we can just keep a good amount of investigators to teach and help them progress because having very few investigators isn’t very fun haha.
So the changes are going to be drastic. He basically told us that all of the zone leaders and district leaders will be changing, and that junior companions are going to have the opportunities to be Senior Companions and leaders. He has a new strategy of how to get the mission to be more productive. idk I think he tries to do way too many things and that’s why they never work. I think he just wants to know what works and what doesn’t, but he has almost a year and a half doing it and hasn’t found it yet. He just wants to keep trying to find what will work! But oh well, all I can do is just do my best!

The weather here is really nice now. It’s not hot ever, and at night I’m sleeping in my sleeping bag. During the day its really nice, slight breeze and it’s not hot and not cold.

We have been working this week to get all of the information for Isabelle so that she and her boyfriend can get married. All of the members want to help us a lot. The bishop said that the ward funds could help them with half the costs and then the women from the Relief Society all told us that they wanted to help out. We are hoping that everything will work out well.

Thanks for the info on the whole school situation. June is right between two transfers so I would have to come home in May, unless President sent me in the middle of a cycle. But idk what he has planned and I still think it’s way to early to start talking to him about that. They usually ask us about 4 months before to make the plane ticket arrangements. My companion got his a couple weeks ago. He leaves January 17th. Pretty cool. It’s fun telling him he only has three months left and he has to work harder haha.

I didn’t talk to Elder Soffe, I saw him today but we were in a conference and I didn’t get the chance. But if I do I’ll see how he is doing. If I don’t get changes.

Well I don’t have a lot of information this week, or time, so I’ll finish this up, thanks for everything! I love you all and miss you all a lot! Give my love to everyone.

LOVE ELDER JAKE HATCH

No comments: