Sunday, November 27, 2011

Monday, November 21, 2011

Hey Family!

Thanks for filling me in on everything at home, glad to know everyone is doing good and keeping busy!

This week was really good! We are still kind of lost in our area but we’re learning from it haha. We had an investigator in church yesterday, her name is Magdalena. Elder EspaƱa and I contacted her, she is this senior lady that we have been teaching for a while. This one time she tried to give us money for like 10 minutes but we refused because we can’t accept it and she told us that she knew but that she wanted to give it to us and we just kept going back and forth with her about it until we finally just told her we had to go. She is really cool and yesterday she came to church by herself, it was really cool. It’s awesome because all the other members in the ward are little old ladies so she made friends right away. She also has two neighbors that are members and she was surprised to see them there but it was cool for her to make the connection with normal people that she sees in the street. She really liked it and told us that we needed to visit her this week. I think she thought that we were going to stop visiting her if she went to church. We are also teaching a couple other people, and its going really well. We have a family that is less active that we have been working with and they went to church too. Also a lady that is inactive has been going for two weeks now.

I had an awesome spiritual experience this week. We were walking to a conference and we were about to turn down a street so that we could go more north. I told my companion that we had to keep going straight for some reason, so we kept going straight. When we were walking a member family that had only 3 days in their new apartment stopped us and said that they knew they were going to find us, so we took their address and told them we would pass by. Then another day we were looking for another member’s house and we got totally lost and right when I realized how lost we were I realized that their house (the first family’s house) was right in front of us so we went and visited them. It’s awesome how the Lord uses my weakness of not knowing the area to lead me to where he needs me to be at the time he wants me there haha. It was a really good experience for us.

p.s. my companion is seriously like a Colin clone in his personality, it’s awesome.

Well I will look into the whole flames from the heater thing, idk what the problem is but I’ll get it fixed. Also it is starting to get cold here so when I need the jacket I’ll be sure to buy one. I’ve been using the hoodie a lot! Thanks!!

Thanks for everything and for all the love and support! love you all and miss you all alot! always in my prayers too.
Love, Elder Jake Hatch

No comments: