Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September 1, 2010

Thanks for honoring me! haha! (We told him we'd gone to Gecko Grill and Food City on Aug. 30th in honor of his arrival in Mexico!) Me dia de preparacion es lunes (ask Dad). haha jk It is Monday. but I get to email today to let you know all of the details of my arrival and everything.
Questons: *How did your arrival go? What did you end up doing? Did you get sent out immediately or did you get to hang around a bit?My arrival went really well we flew into the tiny airport in Chihuahua and right as we got through security we were met by President Angulo and the two assistants. We went to the mission office and had our interviews and did some things for our passports and visas and got our companions but they were not there. *Where are you? Tell us about your companion. What is the area like? What conditions are you living in?I am about 3 hours south of Chihuahua in a Ciudad llamando Parral, AlmanceƱa. My companion just told me this is where Poncho Via died haha. He doesn't speak any English so that is pretty fun. My companion: his name is Elder Salvador. He is a native to Mexico but I don't remember where. The area is like Mexico...haha jk it is really run down and idk it is kinda hard to explain but if you look up pictures of the city you will see. I'll take some pictures and see if I can upload them. We just got finished teaching un Hna. It was pretty good then we rode the bus to the center of the city and went to the bank.
The conditions are kinda bad but nothing I can't handle. There are bars over all our windows and doors which idk if it makes me feel better or worse if ya know what I mean...our stove is sitting on top of a rusty 50 gallon drum which is pretty wierd to see but es todo bien. (all good). *Where did E. Smith and E. Moak end up?Elder Moak is just south of Ciudad Juarez and Elder Smith is like 5 mintutes from the center of Chihuahua. *How's the language going? Have you knocked on doors yet? Have you taught anyone yet?We don't really knock on doors because nobody really has doors...but I talked to un hombre at the bus stop and we gave him a pass along card and he said we could come teach him. We went and taught a man last night as well there was a duck and a chicken running around in their home which consisted of a stove some shelves and their bed all in about the size of our laundry room. It is quite a culture shock but I kinda already expected it to be like this. *Are you eating? What? Do you eat with the members?We're not allowed to eat at any venders or restaurants. We eat at our house which is pretty nice in contrast with others, but it is really small. We haven't eaten with members yet...so idk yet. *Anything else you want to tell us? Despite all that you just heard and are probably thinking, I love it here! I don't understand anyone so it's awesome it gives me a huge desire to learn. I found out I have to teach Gospel Principles in church, give a talk next week, and I'm gonna be teaching English classes to the members on Saturdays which I am also very excited for! I love you all! My prayers are with you! Nos Vemos!
Love Elder Hatch

No comments: