Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 13, 2010

My email this week was pretty much just talk nothing to really share. This is an email that Ashley (Jake's sister) received from him:

...I'm gonna go through about 6 or 7 pairs of shoes I'm guessing if not more! We walk between 12 and 15 miles a day! (ALL IN DIRT AND RIVERBEDS) So ya haha it's awesome though. I really love it!! My house down here has 0 cabinets so its pretty cool, it is quite the culture shock to come down here and it is kinda sad at times to realize how much we take advantage of the lives we live and how much we are truly blessed! We're teaching two families and a couple other single people and one guy that has a family but they aren't investigating, his esposa was sick so we gave her a blessing and she felt so much better the next couple days and it had been going on for a while so it was awesome! My English classes are going really well. I'm loving teaching them! It's really just a bunch of youngens that most are members but not all but it is really fun to speak English and they feel a little bit how I feel everyday haha its cool! I gave a talk this week on the Book of Mormon and it was cool and went well I think! The Spanish is coming well! We walk everywhere and our area is supposed to have bikes but they got stollen when the last elders were here... and so that tells you how much i am walking...but my companion doesn't really have the money to buy a bike until his parents send it but he said it is on the way so hopefully we can get bikes!

No comments: