Tuesday, September 7, 2010
September 6, 2010
Buenos tardes me madre! ha I liked the hola! So when you went to your area did you go by yourself on a bus? No my companion met me at a bus depot in Chihuahua and we rode together with Elder Hobbs and his companion to Parral. What have you been eating? I've been eating alot of Mole, its kinda hard to explain so see if Dad remembers it, but yeah I've had that alot and we just cook eggs with some ham and cheese in it for breakfast. Other than that we eat with members for lunch at like 2 but we don't ever eat dinner which is wierd. ha I looked in the mirror today and could tell that I have lost weight which is good if it doesn't keep happening but I think I gained like 7 or 8 pounds in the MTC so it will take me like another week to work it off! haha. (dont worry mom I'm still healthy! It's not a bad losing weight I'll make sure and keep myself healthy! It's not like were not getting fed, we always eat.) What is the weather like? The weather isn't too bad it gets kinda hot and sunny sometimes but I put on some sunscreen in the morning and the heat doesn't really get to me too much! But it rained alot last week like I told Dad in his email, it was pouring really bad and all the streets were like waterfalls because they are all hills I'll get some pictures as soon as I can! Can you communicate with your companion since he only speaks Spanish? Yah, me and my comp practice my Spanish alot! and I'm working with him on his English! but yeah I'm doing great mom! I've never once felt like I have been in danger so don't worry about me! All the people here are really nice to us and yeah everyone is friendly! Nothing to worry about, oh except...hahah jk mom (sorry but I haven't lost my sense of humor!) That's cool that your having a bbq with Monique's family! I wish I could meet Monique's family but tell them all that I said hi! haha and I said ...Mucho qusto! It's like "It's a pleasure to meet you!" That's awesome that Dave and Candace were able to adopt a baby! Everytime I go teach I get kinda sad though just because it seems like these people have almost nothing, and it's the worst when they have little children and it reminds me of Adi and Paislee and Nixon and Jaxon and how sad I would be for them if they had to live in these kinds of conditions, I'm really grateful that we've all been blessed! But the people here are all happy... don't get me wrong! I'm just saying. So I found out to send a letter or a package by mail takes about a month to get from here to you or from you to me...so yah I'm probably gonna have to buy a different one strap backpack or sachell here. p.s. have you canceled my phone service yet? and if you can have them save my phonenumber to our account please if you can!? and you might need to call wells fargo and tell them that my card will be used in Mexico...I just thought of that. Let me know when Josh hears if he gets the position! I've been praying for him alot! Well I gotta write a letter to the President now. But I love you all thanks for everything and for all the prayers, support, and love! Love you! Love Elder Jake Hatch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chihuahua Time
No comments:
Post a Comment