Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 20, 2010

An email to E. Hatch's Dad (His questions in blue!)

So where is your house there?
My house, where we live they are like the only contracted houses and they are right next to a big field kinda thing. idk how to explain it. We had a busy pday today so I don't have too much time to explain it.

Where does the Branch meet? Do you have a chapel or do you meet in a home?

Yeah, our branch has a chapel that a couple Branches meet at, but we have to take a bus ride to get there. It is kinda difficult to get investigators to church because alot of the time they don't even have the money for the bus ride there which is about a dollar there and back.

Can you tell us more about your companion. What is his family like?

I've been meaning to have my companion write to you and Josh in Spanish but I always forget and today we don't have too long so sorry! Maybe if I write fast I'll have him write you a little something, but his Dad is like a Chef or a Culinary teacher at a University in Canada I believe, he is really cool, he skates like me and he is a really good Missionary. I don't know too much else about his family though, his parents were converts but he has grown up in the church with his family his whole life.

How is the language progressing?
la idioma...esta mas y mas cada dia, I've just realized it is gonna take some time but by little things are great things brought to pass so just the little that I can learn in the half an hour I get to study and then using it during the day it will all come but in time!
Do you have any investigators?

Investigators...¿adivine que? I had my first baptism this week! His name is Jose Enrique Diaz Uribe. it was so awesome, he was my first cita on my mission and the day before his baptism he asked me if I would be the one to baptize him! Then on Sunday he recieved the Holy Ghost and was confirmed, that part was weird cause the Branch President, President Cabrera, said the confirmation wrong like 5 times so it was idk hah. but it was all good and he still felt good about everything! We have other investigators that are progressing also I'll send pictures as soon as I can find a card reader cause I didn't bring my usb for my camera.

Do you have any neat stories?

Well I saw someone sweeping dirt off of dirt which was kinda wierd to see. Never thought I would see something like that. A snake slithered right in front of us while we were walking in the field next to our house. I don't remember what you said the weather is like when you looked it up but it rains at least like 3 times a week and it is quite alot of rain! Well I better address some of the other letters now too! Thanks for the letter dad! Love you and thanks for all the support!

No comments: