Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Monday, July 11, 2011

Hey Family!!!

Sounds like things are more exciting than ever down there! Lots of stuff going on! Glad all of the family is together for a while! I really wish it would have been my tree that fell over (as long as it didn't hit the house) haha. That's good that you were able to get grandma's house sold! Where we gonna stay when we go up there now? (cough cough) ha.

Things have been going very good here! We got some rain this week that was really needed because it feels super hot here when you're walking around in the sun all day!

My talk went good, I spoke about a talk from President Monson from like 2002 that is called 3 bridges and then went into the talk from this last conference from Elder Packer, when it talks about forgiving each other and people who go inactive because they get offended. It's a really good talk I think in English it is called "guided by the Holy Ghost". I think it went really well! Yeah we started the project with the service in the ward, some of the people here are kinda prideful and don't really want us to do service for them and they always say that everything is alright but well get to them haha.

I was kinda bummed yesterday because we didn't have investigators at church. We worked super hard this last week and had like 5 or 6 investigators committed to come to church and we even passed by their houses Sunday morning for them. Some just weren't there and others just didn't come. It was hard because it got me down but I guess it just means that I need to work even harder or try something different.

Me and my companion have been doing alot better together. I have a ton of time here and don't think I'll last much longer here. But who knows! This week we're going to try and change some stuff like the way we contact and find new investigators and the way we teach a little bit in hopes that we can get some new ideas of how to have more success. I"ve got lots of faith that we will! Thanks for everything I love you all very much and miss you all so much! Hope everyone has a great week!

Love Elder Jake Hatch

P.S. I learned that the shoes that I bought here don't hold up well in the rain so I'm gonna need my Eccos sooner than I thought so if you could send them soon please, that would be very appreciated!

No comments: