Monday, July 4, 2011

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hey Mom, and Family!

That's so exciting that Karston Leo was born! I'm really happy for you Josh and Becky! Give him kisses for me!

Things are going really good here! We had our baptism on Saturday and it went really well! We also had an activity and took the young men from the stake out to work with us for a couple of hours! It was really cool, I hope they all got a little more excited for the mission!

I wasn't able to email yesterday because we had a conference the whole day, from 10 until like 7:30, and it takes like an hour to get back from the chapel to our area in the buses (we have to take two). But it was good and I learned alot! I can really tell that Pres. Angulo has alot of hopes and a vision of what he wants the mission to accomplish, it's requiring alot of sacrifices. Not going to lie, I have been kinda opposed to some of them but I made the decision that I was just going to focus and support whatever it takes. I really want to be a missionary and do whatever it takes to be an instrument in God's hands. I love the amazing experiences that come when we are guided by the Spirit and I want to have more of them.

Coming up to the year mark I'm really preparing myself to make the second half of this amazing time in my life the best of the two. I know that I can give more back to Heavenly Father for all of the amazing blessings that he has given me and our family. More than anything I want to be able to extend these blessings to the people that I find.

My time is kinda short today so this won't be a really long letter or have all of what I want to say but hopefully it is sufficient. President is doing transfers alot different now, he is doing them when he travels to the different parts of the State, not just every 6 weeks, he is driving the mission van with missionaries in it to their areas and training and teaching them on the road, it's kinda different but should be good!

I got my package and everything that was supposed to be in it. I tried one of the space saver bags and they work amazing hah I was really impressed! Thanks for the package and the cards!

Love Elder Jake Hatch

No comments: