Monday, July 4, 2011

Monday, July 4, 2011

Hey mom!

I'm glad everyone is enjoying summer! Sounds like everyone is a little bit busy but all doing well!

Things are going really good here! We got some rain this week and it has been a little cloudy so the heat hasn't been killing us as it usually does. It actually rained pretty hard the other day and so it was fun to be in the pouring rain, the only downside is that my scriptures got wet and are a kinda waterlogged, the Bible more than my Book of Mormon. I put a bunch of books on top of them to try and flatten them back down and it worked alright, but idk I'll see what I can do.

We had a kinda slow week, but it was a really good one I felt. Manuel is still preparing for the Priesthood, his wife came to church but his daughter didn't come, but they had to leave after sacrament meeting because Manuel is going to start working outside of Chihuahua, he got a job working for the government. He and a group have been paving all of the roads near our houses in our colony, but now they are going to be working in a different city. Sonia is doing really good still too, she didn't come to church this week. I think she had family in town cause there were a couple cars outside her house when we were going to church.

I'm going to speak this week in church, we have been starting a new program in the ward I'm working in, and were going to start it this Sunday. It's been a work in progress but we believe that it is going to give some real results. We are going to each one of the member's houses to give them service and we are inviting the less active members to come and help us so that they can have more interaction with the members again and feel their love. We are also starting to hold family home evenings in the member's homes with the condition that they invite an investigator or they invite a friend or relative that is not a member. We're working on a ward pamphlet that will be explaining the missionary work in the ward. It will have different sections so that everyone is informed about what we are doing in the mission work. I'm really hoping it will work out well!

We had a cool experience this week, a young man walked up to us the other day and asked us where our church was. We explained it to him and he said that he wanted to go to that church. We took down his direction (address) and told him we would pass by his house. We went once on Saturday and nobody was there so we went by yesterday after church and he was home! We started talking to him and he was super interested. He is 20 years old. He used to work by the Chi-mex stake center here in Chihuahua. He would go to a friend's house where the missionaries were teaching her. He was there a few times when the missionaries were there teaching them. It was about a month ago, they gave him the direction (address) of the church over there, but he said when he saw us in the street he wanted to ask us where we had a closer church (to his house?). We're going to be working with him this week so we will see how it goes!


The transfers aren't always going to be every six weeks, but normally yes they will be. He also makes other changes when he travels to other parts of the State and he thinks of which missionaries he needs to take, so they can be at pretty much any time. No he doesn't really give much warning to be able to go and say bye to converts and members, usually just enough time to pack up.


I'm thinking it would be good if you sent me my Eccos. Alot of missionaries have them here and they last them a really long time. The Propet shoes that you sent me have taken quite the beating haha I'm thinking they might have like another month left in them. They don't hold up very well, the rubber soles are pretty soft and I don't think the heat helps very much. Plus the Eccos are waterproof and the rainy seasons are starting soon!

Well thanks for the letter! I love you all and miss you all tons! Have a great fourth of July! Viva Mexico! ha

Love Elder Jake Hatch

No comments: