Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Monday, July 18, 2011

Hey Family!

Things here are going really good! This last week we had a conference on Thursday and we had interviews with President. It was really good! Me and my companion have been working really hard lately and I can tell that we have been starting to get along better as well.

We had an activity in one of the Stakes here last night. It was a Missionary work activity. We invited investigators and members, the Missionaries sang and lots of people gave their testimonies including President Angulo and the Stake President. It was really good. Our mission leader went to it and we got Sonia to go. Things have been kinda hard getting the investigators to go to church. This week we didn't have anybody in sacrament meeting again. But we found a less active family this week and invited them to church. They have an 18 year old son who came alone because his mom and his brother had to work. It's just the three of them. He came and really enjoyed it. He had an interview and the Bishop gave him some goals. I guess he has been thinking about going on a mission. We're going to be visiting them so we can help him stay active and hopefully he can go on a mission.

Manuel has been having a hard time lately, he didn't come to church yesterday and so his wife and his daughter didn't come either.

The young man that contacted us...well we have passed by his house many times now and we can never find him. His dad is kinda rude and doesn't come to the door even when we can see him through the screen door. Sonia couldn't come because her daughter was graduating from some class she had taken so she went to that. She came to the activity and she really enjoyed it. I think we're going to have a baptism soon. It's a young lady that is 18. Her name is Gaby Ramirez. We need to teach her more stuff but she wants to get baptized. Hopefully she will want to before the cycle ends in 2 weeks but if not it's all good.

I think I'll get transferred in two weeks if not sooner. President has been doing changes on Thursdays when he gets us all together for conferences. Elder Maybe from my district in the MTC is now one of our zone leaders. Elder Hobbs and Elder Hales from my district from the MTC, are companions and the zone leaders of a different zone here in Chihuahua. Its cool to get to see them more often!

Can I look for my favorite scripture this week and tell you for sure what is my favorite on Monday next week because I have a ton of favorite scriptures haha.
Thanks for sending me my shoes! We got our air conditioner fixed and so I've been sleeping a little bit better but I am still always super tired haha.

Thanks for everything!!! Love you all and miss you all alot!

Love Elder Hatch

No comments: